The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab) and Outreach.
In order to achieve the above objectives, IDI seeks to recruit a motivated and competent Graduate Trainee – Programs as indicated below;
Job Title: Graduate Trainee – Programs
Vacancy Code: GTPX01
Reporting line: Program Manager
Duration: 3 months
Duty Station: Kampala
Summary of role: The Graduate Trainee – Programs provides support to ECSACOP Program Manager with the implementation of program activities .
Major roles and responsibilities
• Daily management of the Program Schedule including management of the program work-plan
• Management of the Program Meeting Schedules including Note-taking, agenda and logistics preparation
• Preparation of key documents as may be requested by the Program Manager
• Photocopying documents and materials for programs
• Compiling documents for meetings
• Office filing
• Conducting and coordinating key errands including purchase of supplies, inter office delivery etc.
• Answering office phones and message taking
• And any other duties as may be reasonably assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of basic office procedures and operations
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent Interpersonal skills
• Computer and internet skills
• Professional demeanor in presentation, oral and verbal communication
• Driven and able to work independently
• Accuracy and attention to details
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Flexible and able to work in a very fast paced environment
• Ability to beat deadlines
• Pro-active and takes initiative to accomplish tasks
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
• Experience in working in a professional office environment for at least one year
Job Education Requirements: bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: one year
Job application procedure
IDI will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, please send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 25th October, 2019. (Email your application and CV to email@example.com and let’s save the environment).
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have
worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
3. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
4. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email
5. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute – IDI Knowledge Centre,
Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda