The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
IDI wishes to recruit a motivated and competent individual to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Graduate Trainee – Grants and Contracts (SPDT) – (2)
Vacancy Code: GTGC X001
Classification: Part time
Reports to: Grants Manager
Duty Station: Kampala
The Grants & Contracts Graduate Trainee (GCGT) will support the internal management of
funded projects by monitoring and reporting financial and programmatic performance, monitor financial activity and external reporting, and will ensure compliance to individual sponsor requirements. In addition, he/she will support in the development and implementation of the collaborator/sub grantee systems and related sub grantee work. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide support as needed to development and maintenance of IDI grants/business
• management systems including the proposed automated sub-grants management system
• (covering issues across the entire grants cycle), content and scheduling for sub-grantee
• training and capacity building, the shared grants folder/s
• Support the Grants & Contracts team in reviewing post contract and sub-grantee financial documentation and reporting to ensure compliance with institutional and donor rules.
• To assist the grants and contracts team to provide audit documentation for post contract and sub granting purposes.
• Support the budget development process for new grants.
• Provide support in tracking and reporting of financial performance of post contract grants.
• Work with the grants and contracts team in the preparation of timely financial reports as required taking into consideration accuracy, excellence in reporting content and format.
• Provide support to the Sub granting team in the preparation of the sub grantee agreements, budgets, financial reporting templates and updating work plans.
• Support the grants team in maintaining a consistent hard copy / electronic filing structure and system for financial information and contracts related to post contract grants and sub grantees.
• To support the department in the monthly printing of timesheets, telephone, printing and utility bills for various projects ensuring timely verification and sign off before onward submission to the Finance and Administration (F&A) department for expensing.
• Respond to adhoc issues in post-contract management and sub granting.
• Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in this position should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 7th, May 2021. Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
2. Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
3. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one PDF document.
4. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
5. Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
7. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda