Who We Are:
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an INGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to UNHCR and OPM. FRC is here by seeking suitably qualified and hardworking Ugandans to fill the following positions.
Position Front Desk Officer
Contract type Fixed Term
Reports to Human Resource & Administration Officer
The primary responsibility of this position is to keep the front desk and office running effectively and assist in clerical and administrative tasks.
• Receive and guide visitors at the reception and provide necessary information to them.
• Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls, sort out daily mail and deliveries.
• Ensure office cleaning, general repairs and office security are followed and performed.
• Assist in clerical tasks; typing, photocopying, filing, transcribing.
• Assist in administrative tasks; preparation of bills & vouchers, appointments and meeting arrangements, staff clock in & out records, travel and accommodation arrangements.
Qualification and Competencies
• Diploma in Business Administration, Office Management, HR or relevant field.
• Proven experience as receptionist, front office representative or similar role.
• Professional attitude and appearance, solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive with good organisational skills.
• Computer literacy with knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
Job application procedure
Email Application to [email protected] by 23rd March 2022
Application and CVs Should be one document and a maximum of 5 pages
Include in your application letter:
• Gross salary request,
• Contact details (email and telephone) of 3 professional reference persons.
Please quote the Position and Location in the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Do not email copies of certificates.
If you do not hear from FRC by end of April, your application has not been successful.