Position Title: Finance and Administration Assistant (1)
Reporting to: Senior Finance Office
Location: Jinja Office
The Finance and Administration Assistant will provide support for general office operations, including maintaining the office premises clean.
Roles and responsibilities
• Screening of incoming telephone calls, emails, inquiries, and requests and handling them as appropriate, including relaying accurate and timely messages and answering queries
• Providing support including secretarial duties as required such as timely printing, photocopying and binding of documents.
• Supporting the finance team in jinja in proper filing, scanning of documents both in hard and soft copy while managing filing system for record and control of key documents.
• Ensures that any cases of fraud, deceit, scams, financial discrepancies, or errors are promptly reported and dealt with accordingly
• Produces a monthly summary of supply requisition notes and purchase orders completed, inprocess and outstanding
• Support the distribution of documents to different places as requested by the supervisor
• Provide logistical support and back-up in the planning of meetings and workshops
• Deliver and collect documents, supplies and paperwork as directed
• Ensure that the office is kept tidy and clean through regular cleaning of office premises and the compound Support to staff
• Switch off electrical appliances when not in use
• Maintain a clean compound
• Maintain the offices and rooms immaculately clean
• Perform work-related errands as requested
Qualifications, job requirements and Competencies
• A Bachelor’s degree in B.COM, Accounting & Finance, Business Administration, or its equivalent
• Partial qualification in professional course (CPA, ACCA or CIPS) is an added advantage
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in office management and administration
• Knowledge of logistical operations is an added advantage
• Previous experience with online banking platforms especially BEYONIC is an added advantage.
• Excellent customer care and public relations.
• Excellent customer care and interpersonal relations
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Computer skills including MS Office or equivalent and use of internet or email
• Excellent skills in work management and prioritizing, verbal and written communication, problem-solving ability, paying attention to detail, accuracy, flexibility, reliability and teamwork
• Flexibility to work long hours to that suit program needs.
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the email below and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vita and copies of relevant academic documents to: [email protected] addressed to; The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP), not later than 16th February 2022 at 5:00pm
The Application letter, CV and certificates be attached as one document; and should not exceed 5 MB.
MJAP is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
MJAP is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.