Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
Organization: HANDLE –Uganda
Station: Gulu with frequent travels to Kampala
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: One year contract, renewable
Start Date: ASAP
Hope Alert Network for Development and Local Empowerment (HANDLE) is a Local Non Governmental Organization operating in Uganda. HANDLE was established in 2009, and registered under National NGO Board of Uganda in 2012 to fill the gap in service delivery to the community undergoing rehabilitation and reconstruction in the post-conflict northern Uganda.
HANDLE works towards ensuring a world in which war affected communities are rehabilitated, economically empowered, and equal opportunity observed between men and women in service delivery. For community to develop there should be equal opportunities observed between men and women to meaningfully participate in issues concerning them. Ultimately, the communities affected by conflicts deserve support to enjoy their right to healthy psychosocial development and live a dignified life in a healthy environment.
HANDLE has secured funding from omoana- Switzerland to implement a three year Gender Based Violence (GBV) project in Nwoya District.
HANDLE-Uganda is seeking for an experienced Finance Officer to fill in the position of the Finance officer. The post-holder will support the project manager and other team members in operating a strong financial control environment in our Gulu office
The successful candidate will work closely with the Project manager to ensure well financially, and personnel management practice is in place across the project. He/She will ensure all transactions are correctly administered and will carry out checks to ensure all project/Program staff are following financial procedures. In addition, the incumbent will also be responsible for managing the finance and/or book-keeping, payroll and other accounting software and procedures required by the donors. .
Financial Duties, Banking & Petty Cash Management and Reporting.
• Spearhead in the preparation of quarterly financial reports and share with the Project manager, Donor liaison coordinator, CEO as per the donor requirement
• Work with the Project manager and CEO to ensure accurate preparation and maintenance of financial records for the organization in accordance with organizations policies and donor requirements.
• Support the management to prepare the monthly payroll inclusive of the PAYE and NSSF for the review by the CEO.
• Prepare all cheque and cash payments for the CEO and the Program manager to make sure all relevant accountabilities have been completed and attached to the payment voucher as required
• Production of regular, accurate, timely and reliable financial and admin reports/information to management and or donors
• Collects and summaries accounting/financial data into management information/reports to programs and management.
• Spear head and support the management in controlling income, cash flow and expenditure Support the project manager to prepare budget cash flow to meet the ongoing project implementation by the program staff
• Support the management in the formulation of its overall cash strategic direction
• Manage all organisational bank accounts and cash according to the established policies.
• Manage and remain responsible for the adherence to the established policy on procurement, including quotations and bidding.
• Ensure all accountabilities are in order for procurement, including delivery notes from suppliers and all other supplies.
• Excellent communication skills – able to deal with people at all levels, good written communication and confident telephone manner. Foreign languages are beneficial, but not essential.
• Confident, able to work with minimum supervision to strict deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
• Extremely organized – able to multi-task, work on multiple events at the same time.
• High attention to detail
• Show initiative and be proactive to ensure quick and effective problem solving
• The finance and admin officer candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business or related field.
• Three (3) years’ professional experience with Non organizations.
• Excellent knowledge working with major accounting software’s
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in finance
Job Experience Requirements: Three (3) years
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letters together with curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please in the subject header include – Finance and Admin Officer when applying. ONLY send application letter and a CV with a maximum of 3 pages. Please DO NOT send your certificates at this stage.
Deadline for the Submission of the application is 5.00p.m. Thursday 21st November 2019