Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through promotion and coordination of Education and Training opportunities for refugees and people affected by conflict. Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister. With funding from UNHCR, WIU seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following position:
POSITION: FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS ASSISTANTS
LOCATION: Field Based
OVERALL PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
The Accounts and Finance assistant will contribute to the day to day implementation of the department accounting systems, policies and procedures. He/ she will support the department through the collection, processing, recording, reconciliation and reporting of financial data, verifying the validity, completeness and accuracy of the source of documentation.
The Finance assistant is responsible for ensuring all payments to service providers and other clients are processed timely; preparing monthly financial reports, maintaining complete and proper records of revenue accountability, expenditure, assets and liabilities and ensures the accuracy and integrity of financial information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all cash balances received within the week should be banked intact at least once a week.
- Issue receipts for any cash and deposits received and keep proper records of all these in the system for reconciliation purposes
- Provide for and take safe custody of receipt books, vouchers, money and other items of value in line with finance policies and procedures.
- Update and reconcile all cash books on a daily basis and ascertain closing balances for record purposes.
- Monitor and track all cash advances and inform staff of their obligation of advances.
- Check for accuracy, completeness and coding before transactions are entered into the accounting system.
- Enter all paid transactions into the accounting system
- File all payment vouchers that have been entered into the accounting system by their categories.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements for all bank accounts at the Field office
- Prepare cash count certificates on weekly basis, month end and as when petty cash is required.
- Ensure compliance to WIU Finance Policies and procedures at the designated Field location
- Monitor cash levels to ensure liquidity position at all times for smooth operations.
- Inventory Management: Supervise periodic stock counts and prepare accurate monthly inventory reports for the Field Storage units
- Submit required reports and related documentation to the respective Regional Accountant periodically/ as
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, BSc Finance and Accounting from a recognized Institution.
- UDBS, Accounting technician qualification with practical experience
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience as an accounting technician
- Proficient use of the QuickBooks Accounting Software is desirable
- Experience working in Refugee operations and rural NGO setting is an added advantage
- ACCA/CPA is an added advantage
- The ideal candidate must have the proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting.
- Must have basic knowledge in computer applications like MS Office and data base management
- Experience in and knowledge of relevant Accounting systems
- Effective communication skills.
- Abilities in office administration and organization.
- Able to pay keen attention to detail and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work under pressure to be able to meet strict deadlines
Applications must be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda;
P.O BOX 24230,
- Submit your application (letter of expression of interest, updated CV, copies of academic documents- ALL in
ONE document) not larger than 2MB to the email address; email@example.com
- Physical Delivery of applications can also be made to
Uganda located on
Nagawa Close- Mawanda Road,
Windle International Alumni who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply
Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and
black listed. Human Resource Manager Windle International Uganda