Whave Solutions is a Ugandan-registered Non-Profit Social Enterprise specializing in maintenance of rural water sources and their rehabilitation and construction on Build-and-Operate principles. We are currently recruiting WASH Officers, Senior Water engineer and Field Engineer in Kaabong, Moroto and Amudat to improve access to safe water in rural areas. These roles involve working with district government, with communities, and with partner NGOs. Whave is a pioneer rural water utility and so interacts with communities in a business-like way to create social consensus and willingness to pay maintenance tariffs. Business skills and numeracy, together with personal interaction, marketing community work, teamwork and social skills are therefore essential. You must be willing to ride a motorbike to accomplish work duties..
• Assessing and provision of technical services relating to operation and maintenance of water sources,
• Developing supply chains of water source hardware parts and maintaining adequate stock, Build the capacity of local preventive maintenance technicians to maintain water sources including developing maintenance schedules of water sources,
• Developing and promoting water treatment and other sanitation and hygiene technologies.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• The applicant must hold a Degree level of education in engineering,
• A minimum of two years’ experience installing and for maintaining rural water systems in Uganda,
• High level communication and interpersonal skills,
• Ability to ride a motorbike is essential with a valid riding permit, Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office packages, Knowledge of Ngikarimojong language and Pokot (Amudat) is a MUST.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and covering letters to
Please describe why this post interests you and why you think you can achieve good results in your covering letter.