Under the supervision of the Field Operations Officer, the position is to drive, maintain, and manage the project vehicle for the USAID/Uganda Biodiversity for Resilience (B4R) Activity within the allocated project scope.
• Drive the project vehicles with strict adherence to local traffic laws and in accordance to project rules and regulations pertaining to vehicles.
• Transport project staff and materials in Greater Kidepo Valley Landscape and the regions of operation.
• Maintain the vehicle in a satisfactory condition, including weekly cleaning of the interior and exterior and periodic (quarterly) cleaning of the motor and chassis.
• Ensure that tires are in good working conditions at all time, and that spare tire is in good condition.
• Ensure that vehicle usage log is updated on a daily basis and submitted on a monthly basis.
• Ensure that fuel consumption report is submitted as required.
• Ensure regular maintenance of the vehicle, and that fluids (water, oil, fuel, washer liquid, etc.) levels are at required levels.
• Report any apparent malfunction to the supervisor.
• Report any damage or accident to the supervisor immediately.
• Ensure that the vehicle is safely parked and locked when not in use.
• Carry out project errands as required.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
• Secondary schooling desirable
• 5 years of experience in driving a project vehicle, preferably for a USAID or other donor project
• Valid driver’s license in good standing
• Defensive driving certificate will be a plus
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
• Knowledge of radio, email, telephone and other applications.
• Trustworthy, high sense of responsibility, alertness; physical fitness on duty, emotional stability, neat and courteous.
• Good knowledge of the Project activity areas and the current conditions of roads and highways.
• Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds/temperaments.
• Flexibility to fit into often changing priorities
• Ability to fluently communicate in English both verbally and written. Knowledge of the local language is also required.
• Quick and accurate visual judgment
Job application procedure
To apply follow this email [email protected]