Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South central Uganda. .
• Operate official Cordaid vehicles to transport staff and cargo.
• Ensure that vehicles are maintained and repaired from service providers on time.
He will also maintain the vehicles clean as required.
• Maintain vehicle logs that record each trip taken, odometer readings and time of departure and arrival for each trip.
• Each time that fuel is put in the vehicle, the driver will document on the mileage sheet the amount, odometer reading, and date obtained.
• Any maintenance must also be recorded.
• Keep the supervisor abreast of any security situations or hazards and report timely to the Transport Coordinator any Security incidents or accidents that require security and safety measures.
• Standard procedures need to be followed when an accident occurs
Job Skills: Not Specified
Knowledge And Experience
• The ideal candidate for the Driver vacancy should have a minimum of O level certificate.
• A minimum of two years of professional chauffeur experience and a valid local driver’s license for following types of vehicles is highly preferred. Classes: B (motor cars), CM (medium commercial), DL (light omnibus). • Knowledge and ability: Must be familiar with local traffic laws and area traffic patterns is required.
• Duties require the ability to deal with officials and guests in a relaxed but competent and professional manner.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff, Implementing partners, beneficiaries.
• Language Proficiency: Ability to speak, read, and write in English fluently.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates (One document), addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Deadline for Submission: Friday 6th March 2020 by 5:00pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.