Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an INGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to UNHCR and OPM. FRC is currently seeking for dynamic, qualified Ugandans to fill the following positions;
POSITION : DRIVER – 1 POST
DUTY STATION : FRC COUNTRY OFFICE – KAMPALA
REPORTS TO : LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
DURATION : 2 YEARS (Renewable Annually)
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide support to all the staff of FRC, by ensuring prompt transportation of goods and services. The position is responsible for providing professional driving services for FRC. This position requires a person who has capacity in the areas of defensive driving and minor mechanical repairs..
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure the safe custody of the vehicle assigned and driven by him.
• Transport staff, official passengers, assets, and other materials in a safe manner
• Run errands at the Kampala Office as may be required
Records and stock keeping (50%)
• Prepare and update fuel records in FRC Kampala Office
• Update the store stock cards and inventory records in Kampala Office
• Submit monthly reports and copies of the log books to the Logistics Assistant
• Ensure the regular recording of all trips made, and the endorsement of passengers (if any) or authorizing officer in the vehicle log book.
• Report any vehicle damages or faults in a timely manner.
• Ensure the timely and proper repairs, service, and maintenance of the vehicles assigned in an efficient manner
• Ensure vehicles have parking tickets/coupons, third party and waivers. Make a regular check and request for replacements in a timely manner.
• Maintain clean and tidy FRC vehicle at all times
• Organize or do servicing of FRC motorcycles
• Clean the motorbikes which are stationed in FRC Kampala Office
To execute any other tasks in FRC as directed by Logistics Assistant
Academic Qualifications and competencies:
• O-Level Certificate. Valid Driving Permit. Certificate in Fleet Management, Defensive Driving, Mechanics, Record Keeping, or related areas.
• Knowledge of the traffic rules and regulations, with a keen interest in occasional traffic updates/changes.
• At least 2 years’ experience working in a busy office and multi-cultural setting.
• Experience in driving both automatic and manual vehicles, both in the city and up-country.
• Fluency in written and spoken English, proficiency in Ugandan local languages.
• Able to handle minor repairs and refer major ones.
• Able to work with a multi-cultural environment within the organization.
Job Education Requirements: O-Level Certificate.
Job Experience Requirements: At least 2 years’ experience working in a busy office and multi-cultural setting.
Job application procedure
Email Application by 17th January 2020 to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Include in your application letter:
• Basic salary request,
• maximum 4-page long CV and 1-page Application letter on one attachment
• contact details (email and telephone) of 3 professional reference persons.
Do not email copies of certificates. Those are requested from short listed candidates