The Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33l-(V and below voltage electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. UEDCL monitors Umeme Ltd’s investment, distributes power in eight (8) territories covering over 60 Districts operates the pole plant at Lugogo, and executes some of the rural electriﬁcation schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport materials over land
- inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Picking materials for delivery, based on an authorization from the stores in line with company policy.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Coordination with other entities and stakeholders in the electricity industry to ensure that the work is undertaken in line with Government Agenda,
- Generate timely progress reports on project works, materials utilization, and preparation of payment certiﬁcates,
- And other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have at least A level certiﬁcate
- At least ﬁve (5) years ‘experience in truck driving
- A valid driving license with preferable classes: CH and DH
- Ability to drive long distances and travel regularly
- Ability to work under pressure
- The minimum age limit is 35 years and above
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications which include: forwarding letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, addressed and delivered to:
The Executive Director Rural Electrification Agency
Plot 10 Windsor Loop,
Kololo 2nd Floor,
House of Hope
P.O Box 7317,
Kampala – Uganda
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that canvassing and lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.