The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Global Health Security, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAPcertified IDI Core Lab) and Outreach.
In order to achieve the above objectives, IDI seeks to recruit a competent candidate as indicated below;
Job Title: District Supply Chain Officer (1)
Vacancy Code: DSCOX01
Classification: Full time
Reporting: Field Office Coordinator
Duty Station: Nebbi Coordination Office
Supports monitoring and provide on-site support of logistics management in the supported districts/health facilities according to MoH standards. He/she will ensure close monitoring of ART commodities & stock levels and further ensure adequate supply of quality drugs, respond to dynamic changes in demand, manage increased volumes of commodities and minimize pilferage and misuse..
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Lay a supportive role in getting the project supported health facilities to compile and submit their expected periodic MoH reports.
• Develop and follow-up on activity plans developed with the focal logistics personnel in the district health facilities.
• Participate in providing technical training and mentoring to health workers to manage health logistics.
• Participate in CMEs and disseminating information updates regarding logistics management.
• Providing support in ensuring proper storage of drugs at the units of dispensing.
• Work alongside the District Stores Assistants in carrying out supportive supervision to lower health facilities.
• Maintain tracking sheets on the various supported health facilities and provide reports on the following arrears;
1. Number of clients enrolled in care, on ART and initiated on ART in a month
2. Consumption reports from the various units
3. Basic supply requirements of the pharmacy & store
4. Regularly report on identified challenges in the health units
5. Monthly report on availability of tools necessary to maintain data records
6. Participate in the therapeutic drug committee meetings held in the health facilities.
7. Maintain records on the commodities regarding quantity order and that received from MoH and other partners of the following items;
8. Monitoring and lead time of deliveries from MoH/NMS
• Diploma in Pharmacy
• At least 2 years and above work experience in a busy clinical HIV/AIDS setting.
• Registration with the Allied Medical Practitioners’ Council.
• Experience in logistics management of ART commodities is an added advantage
• Computer knowledge and skills
• Good presentation and report writing skills
• Communication skills and ability to speak the local languages
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Ability to work the health care workers in the district as a team and provide timely feedback.
Job Skills Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
IDI will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, please send their CVs, which should include details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 27th, October 2019. (Email your application and CV to email@example.com and let’s save the environment).
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
3. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached
as one document
4. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email
5. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute – IDI Knowledge Centre,
Makerere University-Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda