The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Global Health Security, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAPcertified IDI Core Lab) and Outreach.
Job Title : District HIV/TB Services Officer (1)
Vacancy Code : DHIVTBSOX01
Classification : Full time
Reporting : Field Office Coordinator
Duty Station : Koboko Coordination Office
Provide technical support to health care workers at supported HFs; assessment, diagnosis and clinical care to all patients working through the district systems..
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Provide technical assistance and mentorship for health workers in HIV/AIDS care especially in TB/HIV areas.
• Provide continuous clinical mentoring in all areas including reporting for all related MoH reports.
• Support and participate in Continuous Medical Education (CME) programs for all staff support coordination of health education talks in TB/HIV related fields.
• Participate in providing technical training and support to health workers and project staff in Clinical Mentoring.
• Lead and strengthen quality improvement activities in all TB/HIV related fields at health facilities.
• Support referral and linkages for clients receiving care at project supported health facilities.
• Support HMIS and program reporting for all supported health facilities
• Diploma in medicine
• At least 1 year and above work experience in a busy clinical HIV/AIDS setting.
• Registration with the Allied Health professionals’ Council.
• Training in clinical management of HIV/AIDS and opportunistic infections
• Specific experience and training in TB management or care and other respiratory illnesses, an added advantage
• Good interpersonal skills required
• Ability to interact productively and work in a team environment
• Self-motivated, innovative and capable of meeting deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills required (Both oral & written)
• Willingness to travel and provide care services at selected health facilities and outreaches
• Willingness to work and live in rural areas is required
Job Skills Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: 1 year
Job application procedure
IDI will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, please send their CVs, which should include details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 27th, October 2019. (Email your application and CV to email@example.com and let’s save the environment).
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
3. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached
as one document
4. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email
5. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute – IDI Knowledge Centre,
Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda