Hunger Fighters Uganda, is WFP Cooperating Partners for General Food Assistance in Nakivale/Oruchinga and Kyangwali Refugee
settlements. HFU wishes to recruit staff/volunteers to fill the positions tenable in the GFA project implemented in ISINGIRO and Kikuube Districts.
Distribution Assistant/Volunteers (40)
Reports: FDP Team Leader
Specific duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in Community mobilization for food distribution and other project activities in liaison with the Field Monitors, FDP Team Leader, Food Management Committee and Local leaders.
- Participate in beneficiary sensitization or meetings with community leaders as assigned by the field monitors.
- Ensure that distribution materials are clean and loaded into the vehicle at the time of departure to the field and return from the distribution point.
- Support offloading and stacking of commodities at the distribution site.
- Participate in random sampling and weighing of commodities at distribution site.
- Participate in beneficiary verification exercise at the registry point during food distribution.
- Participate in enforcing crowd control mechanism that will ensure an orderly and successful distribution. This includes fencing off the stacking area of the distribution site as agreed in the pre-distribution plan and arranging beneficiaries in line.
- Take part in scooping of commodities as assigned to you by the FDP Team Leader in charge of the given distribution.
- Report, as soon as possible, any incidences of fraud you have witnessed to the Field Monitor or Commodity Officer for immediate action to be taken.
- Supervise distribution corridors to ensure orderly distribution of food assistance.
- Attend to beneficiary Complaint and Feed Back Mechanism (CFM) desk.
- Support all FDP safety and security measures.
- Participate in the pre-distribution and post distribution activities as per the activity plans.
- Take part of the project Complimentary activities.
- Could be assigned to do data entry where need be.
- Holds a Minimum of a Diploma in (Nutrition, MDD, Agriculture, Social Sciences Business Administration and other related disciplines).
- Knowledge of either Kiswahili or Kinyarwanda is a MUST
- Experience in community based interventions is an added advantage.
- Flexibility, good moral record, ability to communicate and work in a team are desirable qualities
- Ability to work for long hours is expected.
Applications should be addressed to
The Head of Human Resource,
Hunger Fighters Uganda,
P.O Box, 28175, Kampala.
Hand delivered to
Hunger Fighters Uganda
Mbarara Field Office at Nkokonjeru or /Head Office located
Hoima Road, about 200metres Off the Kampala Northern bypass,
Next to Africa Oil Station.
Interviews are scheduled 27th – 30th December 2019.
Note: HFU offers equal opportunities to both women and men