University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide
Under the 2016 – 2021 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), USAID/Uganda seeks to make a five-year, approximately $35 million award to achieve the result of improved ability of individual, households, and communities to adopt priority behaviors. This, in turn, will transform households, communities, and systems for improved health and development outcomes through Social and Behavior Change (SBC). This Activity will primarily align with CDCS Development Objective Three (DO3) (“Key Systems More Accountable and Responsive to Uganda’s Development Needs Improved”) and will contribute indirectly to Development Objective One (DO1) (“Community and Household Resilience in Select Areas and Target Populations Increased”) and Development Objective Two (DO2) (“Demographic Drivers Affected to Contribute to Long Term Trend Shift”).
- Provide technical direction, as delegated by the COP, for one or more technical components of the project
- Assist in the coordination of program implementation, including detailed monthly and quarterly work planning, capacity building and monitoring.
- Ensure administrative, financial, and human resource needs supervision for program activities.
- Coordinate documentation of program results.
- Support COP in compiling, editing and formatting all program deliverables.
- Establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with USAID Uganda, the Ministry of Health, and all other stakeholders, including research institutes, implementing and collaborating partners.
- Assume overall leadership and oversight in the absence of the Chief of Party.
Administrative and Management Responsibilities:
- Effective supervision of administrative staff.
- Oversee correct use of administrative tools as well as financial system, and correct and timely preparation of monthly field reports and cash projections
- Support the administration and finance staff to ensure understanding and compliance with established administrative processes among staff.
- Provide ongoing input and direction to continuous improvement of work planning and execution, office procedures and internal controls.
- Maintaining regular contact with USAID (as delegated by the COP), key counterparts and URC headquarters staff.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field such as public health, public administration, business administration, project management, health policy and management or other relevant discipline
- 10 years’ experience working in a USAID contracting environment
- Demonstrated progressive experience working in partnership with community-based organizations and other stakeholders
- Significant experience with USG- or USAID-funded activities or other internationally funded activities
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and organizational and relationship building skills
- Experience and skills in financial management and performance monitoring
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent MS Word and Excel skills.
Please note: these positions are contingent upon securing award.