JR/2021/72 – Database Administrator
Age Limit: 35 Years
Experience: 3 Years
No. of Vacancies: 1
Minimum Academic Qualification Required: Bachelors
## Qualification Code Qualification Name
1 B.CS B. Computer Sciences
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Database Administrator will manage all database systems on which all mission critical business applications run. The role holder will be responsible for building new databases, schemas whenever required in addition to efficiently executing business cycles in accordance with the policies and operating procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for database Administration through installation and upgrading databases for all environments (UAT, Production, Regression and DR); storage administration to ensure optimal resource utilization, monitor all databases for optimal performance.
• Coordinate the development and execution of Data Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans (BCPs) in line with internal Bank BCPs and guidelines and industry best practices.
• Accountable for routine monitoring and ensuring that DR and Production databases are in sync, effectively manage data guard, performing database backups and restoration.
• Accountable for Database Security by controlling the creation of database users, granting privileges and managing user roles, database encryption and auditing.
• MIS and Data warehousing through data mining and data extraction, developing meaningful reports for business teams
• Accountable for delivering the SLA for Database environment
• Continuously updating database procedures
• Troubleshoot and resolve database issues users log within agreed SLA
• Perform close of business processes in line with the Bank’s policies and procedures
• Develop weekly and monthly performance reports, uptime reports etc
• Support the Business Team(s) to automate business processes as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, or any related field.
• Certifications in Microsoft certified database administrator (MSCDBA) or Oracle database, Microsoft SQL.
• At least three years working experience in a busy ICT Environment preferably within a banking institution.
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply.