Uganda Warehouse Receipt System Authority ( UWRSA ) looking to recruit Dynamic and self motivated Ugandans to fill the under listed vacant position:
POSITION TITLE: Data Analyst/ HIS Officer
Salary Scale: (UWRSA Level 3)
Responsible to: ICT Manager
Responsible for: IT Officer
PURPOSE OF JOB
To identify and make meaning of useful and important data generated from UWRSA’s systems such as e—WRS, MIS. etc so stakeholders can understand data and use it to make strategic business decisions. .
• Develop and implement databases, data analytics. data collection systems and other strategies that optimize the efficiency and quality of the electronic Warehouse Receipt System ie—WRS]
• Review computer reports. printouts. and performance indicators to locate and correct any problems that may arise in the e-WRS
• Identifying areas for modification in existing software applications and subsequently write efficient code to implement these modifications
• Perform regular maintenance and servicing of e-WRS and MIS to improve operational efficiency and avoid unplanned outages and down times.
• Train end users on new reports. dashboards and tools.
• Work closely with ICT Manager. System Administrator and IT Officer
• Work with Management to prioritise business. information and institutional needs
• Plan, schedule and carry out Support Related Field training of stakeholders.
• Analyze issues and develop resolutions in a timely lap
• Attend educational workshops and training to develop sufficient knowledge to conduct field support activities.
• Provide support to e-WRS and MIS users through a helpdesk/ and or other service.
• Participate in relevant events. conferences. meetings. etc to develop appropriate skills and industry knowledge Other duties as may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a field related to Computer Science, Computer Engineering. Software Engineering. Information Technology or Statistics
• 5+ years of hands-on experience supporting Linux systems in an enterprise environment including intermediate expertise in Linux and scripting experience ie.g.. Bash]
• The ability to Analyse, Model and Interpret data, using Visualizations is required
• Technical Knowledge in Database. Application. Cloud. and Server Management is required
• Adept at Queries, Creating Dashboards and/or Report Presenting findings
• Demonstrated ability to work constructively within an organized system and team.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Job Education Requirements: Bachelors or Master’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5+ years
Job application procedure
Soft copy applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com . Or hand delivered to Kingdom Kampala/ 4th Floor Leftwing /Plot 31-39, Nile Avenue Kampala. Tel; +256 414 287190 / 256 80011522 (Toll Free)