Forum for Women in Democracy is a non-partisan women’s organization operating in Uganda with its head office in Kampala. FOWODE grew out of the Women’s Caucus of the 1994 – 1995 Constituent Assembly (CA) that debated and passed the 1995 Constitution. The organization’s mission is to promote gender equality in all areas of decision making through capacity development, community empowerment, policy engagement and strategic partnerships.
The Data Analyst will be at Program Assistant level and will work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation staff to collect, manage and analyze data. The primary role will be to leverage organisational information to help the organization make smart data-backed decisions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with program staff, beneficiaries and partners, design data collection tools and collect data from primary and secondary sources.
- Use statistical methods to analyze data.
- Prepare graphs, charts, tables and other visual data reports for different audiences.
- Monitor data quality, test and validate data sets
- Support management and staff to leverage available data to improve and streamline processes.
- Mentor and train staff and beneficiaries on data collection and analysis
- Provide technical support on data storage, mining and cleansing
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree from any accredited university in mathematics, statistics, computer sciences, Information technology or a related field.
- At least one year of work experience as a Data Analyst in a related field, preferably in a non-governmental organization.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques and strong knowledge and application of data management best practices.
- Experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (e.g. Excel, SPSS, SAS).
- Experience with data visualization software desirable.
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solutions.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint;
- High level written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to write comprehensive reports.
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic documents to
Please ensure that your attachments do not exceed 5 MB.
We do appreciate your interest to work with FOWODE. However, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.