Reports to: Zonal Manager
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive
Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Credit Assistant will:
- Provide Excellent Customer Service.
- Provide Support in Credit Delivery Process,
- Provide Support in Logistics/Administration
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcoming all incoming customers
- Ensures quality customer service by having product knowledge of all the institution developments /products
- To assist in providing guidance to clients through the credit application process in accordance with the required standards, support them to apply sound practices in their institutions and also in resolving customer
issues related of eligibility for MSC products and services
- Review of customer complaints daily and ensuring they have been resolved or escalated within the stipulated days.
- Check the safety, ambience, cleanliness, accessibility and timeliness; of the banking hall and all customer facing staff.
- Handles and responds to queries and telephone calls.
- Maintaining the attendance register
- To participate in the process of identifying good potential clients for possible funding and partnership.
- To manage the front desk and coordinate the requirements of a good and secure office environment for all staff in the Zones/department while ensuring proper records management in accordance with the Records Management System.
- To conduct desk reviews on client loan file applications and advise the team accordingly
- To participate in the process of loan recovery at the zonal office by sorting out due cheques for the month, depositing cheques for the day, calling clients whose cheques are due.
- To assist in supervising clients to abide by the agreed loan terms in the contract specifically through signing of loan documents, collecting reports and follow up on utilization reports.
Logistics/ Administration Support
- Opening up new customer accounts in the system, ensuring all information is complete and accurate
- To enter payment vouchers in the system and any other accounting data in accordance with the Financial Management manual.
- To update and maintain records of key zonal contacts and clients to facilitate appropriate liaison, marketing and networking. Also to assist in producing timely information and data for the staff in the department/zone.
- To schedule and organize appointments, meetings including (Zonal Loans Committee) as well as organize travels and briefing materials for company staff and maintain a schedule of activities.
- Raising the request orders for the purchase of goods and services for the Zone
- Identification of good & potential clients & conducting preliminary loan appraisals.
- Effective Zonal coordination and organization of the zone including general administration
- Support the effective finance &Accounting processes at the zone.
- Adequate support to the credit delivery and recovery processes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a degree preferably in a business-related degree with 4 years working experience in credit delivery process, Logistics/administration and customer centric environment.
- Ability to build relationships and relate well with others to facilitate accomplishment of work targets.
- Ability to understand and work in a customer centric environment.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing in a polite and courteous manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of integrity & confidentiality
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial statements and other data.
- Ability to gather information and produce accurate and informative reports
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Ability to train, guide and educate clients
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, please send an application and attach a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates indicate your postal address, a daytime telephone contact and names of three referees to the Executive Director using the address below.
The applications in properly sealed envelopes should be hand delivered to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner.
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46 Windsor Crescent Avenue Kololo,
P.O. Box 33711, Kampala. Uganda