TPO Uganda is a local Ugandan NGO that has been operating in the country for 30 years. Our programs comprise interventions organised around the following themes: Care and protection of OVC; child protection, livelihoods support, mental health and psychosocial support, response and prevention of all forms of violence against women and children as well as emergency response and humanitarian action.
TPO is recruiting a Country Director.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The Country Director has overall responsibility for strategic planning, leadership, programmatic direction, and management oversight of all programs and operations of TPO Uganda. She/ he will ensure effective and professional management of all aspects of the country program, including humanitarian interventions, ensuring compliance with TPO’s organizational procedures, policies, and values.
This position is also responsible for program development and management, program quality and learning, human resource management, risk management and financial accountability, systems, policies and procedures, representation, and networking so that TPO is well-resourced and positioned to attain its mission and vision in a socially accountable manner.
The full job description is available on www.futureoptions.org .
• Master’s degree preferably in Social Sciences or development management or business management or related discipline.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience of continuous leadership and working with a local/ international humanitarian /development NGO (or similar institution), with strong
programme development, team management and financial management experience.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience at apex leadership and management level within an international/local NGO, with experience of and interest in working in insecure emergency contexts.
• Experience of leading and managing a diverse team of senior staff including international staff.
• Proven experience in building relations with donors and securing external donor funding.
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are encouraged to apply by email: [email protected] enclosing the following documents.
• Cover Letter/Expression of Interest and your Current Curriculum Vitae.
• Copies of your academic records in line with the job requirements.
• A table showing your past 3years salary history and benefits
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm (EAT) on 25th February 2024.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.