Hunger Fighters Uganda, is WFP Cooperating Partners for General Food Assistance in Nakivale/Oruchinga and Kyangwali Refugee
settlements. HFU wishes to recruit staff/volunteers to fill the positions tenable in the GFA project implemented in ISINGIRO and Kikuube Districts.
Reports to: FDP Team Leader
- Helping the team within a corridor understand performance targets and goals of the project implemented by Hunger
Fighters Uganda (HFU).
- Training or ensuring that workers like; scoopers and potters are properly trained for their specific roles.
- Coordinating job rotation and cross-training within a corridor.
- Provide all necessary ongoing guidance and support to the lower-level staff within a corridor during the food distribution
- Identifying and resolving workplace problems within a corridor, including tardiness or absenteeism.
- Maintain good working relationship among all the staff within a corridor for effective service delivery.
- Ensure that the tapelines where spillovers are collected- are kept relatively clean so as to ease the sorting exercise of food
- To cooperate with the lower team members within a corridor to ensure that un necessary accumulation of spillovers
- Closely monitor the work of potters and scoopers to avoid probable cases of food theft through connivances.
- Control congestions within a corridor.
- Arrange for the collection of spillovers when they over accumulate.
- Control gossips among staff or Household representatives within a corridor during the time of food distribution.
- Maintain order, teamwork spirit and transparency within a particular corridor in order to guarantee achievement of
- Providing reports and activity updates to management and fellow workers under his/her supervision.
- Perform any other task assigned to him/her by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this Position for Corridor supervisor Job opportunity should have a Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized university and 3 years of experience.
- A post-secondary certificate in Community Psychology, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field.
- Language: Fluency in English and Swahili language.
Applications should be addressed to
The Head of Human Resource,
Hunger Fighters Uganda,
P.O Box, 28175, Kampala.
Hand delivered to
Hunger Fighters Uganda
Mbarara Field Office at Nkokonjeru or /Head Office located
Hoima Road, about 200metres Off the Kampala Northern bypass,
Next to Africa Oil Station.
Interviews are scheduled 27th – 30th December 2019.
Note: HFU offers equal opportunities to both women and men