The Democratic Governance Facility (DGF) is a multi-donor funding mechanism aimed at strengthening governance, promoting and protecting human rights, enhancing access to justice, and improving accountability in. Uganda.
Building onto the achievements of the first phase of the DGF (July 2011 – December 2017), the facility is now implementing a five-year governance programme (January 2018 – December 2022) funded by seven development partners Austria Denmark European Union, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden
The programme is implemented with 70 state and non-state Implementing Partners (IPs) at national, regional and district levels throughout the country.
The general objective of this consultancy is to facilitate dialogues with DGF Implementing Partners (IPs). Dialogues will be based on each IP’s capacity assessment report. Facilitating development of IP specific capacity strengthening plans will be part of the assignment. .
The scope of work is expected to be as follows
• Attend training for facilitators of dialogues and study guides/ tools for facilitators of IP dialogues Review IP capacity assessment reports
• Following the DGF designed process, facilitate 2-day IP dialogue meetings (across the country) in order to
• Identify capacity strengths
• Pinpoint capacity need areas
• Explore opportunities for capacity strengthening
• Document opportunities for capacity strengthening
• Prioritize issues for implementation
• Facilitate development of P capacity strengthening plans
Please email year application letter, Curriculum vitae including names, email addresses, and telephone contact details of three (3) work related referees to:
Please clearly indicate the job title in the email subject line. Do not attach academic documents. Applications may not exceed 2MBs. Address your applications to:
The Haad of Facility,
Democratic Governance Facility
P.0. Box 8772, Kampala – Uganda