VACANCY FOR COMPLAINT DESK SUPERVISORS
(VA NO: AFOD/EXT/50/20/001)
DUTY STATION: PALORINYA
DURATION: 6 MONTHS RENEWABLE SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE AND AVAILABILITY OF FUNDING.
Background: Alliance Forum for Development-AFOD Uganda is a non-profit, non-governmental organization working with humanitarian and development partners to address the needs of conflict affected population, rural and urban poor communities in Uganda to address their real needs in areas of health, nutrition, food security and livelihoods, environmental health, protection and psychosocial support, and research.
Main job summary: Register complaints within FDPs by ensuring that registered beneficiaries receive feedbacks and are promptly delivered to them in regards to their various complaints.
Major Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that any beneficiary with complaint is timely referred to the complaints help desk for resolution.
- Registering complaints addressed by beneficiaries such as missing names, Ration ID mismatch, family size updates, lost cards, damaged cards and others every time there is food and cash distribution.
- Ensuring that follow up is made concerning the complaints registered and feedbacks is promptly delivered to the beneficiaries in regards to their various complaints.
- Participating in post distribution meetings which are always after a cycle.
- Identify gaps in the program and implement the complaint and response mechanism and provide support to the monitoring and evaluation department in order to ensure quality implementation of the project
- Conducting assessment of community needs for decision and planning of programs
- Provide establishment and implementation of good feedback to beneficiaries
- Forming and training of compliant help desk assistants amongst the refugee community
- Working closely with Food and Cash Management Committees to ensure sustainable distribution service delivery and behavioral changes practices
- Provide good skills in handling community issues and how to respond and communicate with individual or beneficiaries
- Carry out new cash registration and share it timely
- Liaise with the litigation teams to find out the numbers of complaints handled in a particular FDP
- Ensuring all beneficiaries are satisfied with distribution processes and the ration they have collected.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Minimum qualifications & experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Business Administration or any other related qualification.
- Two years’ experience in the General Food Assistance (Food and Cash Based Transfers) to conflict affected population in refugee settings.
In addition to the above qualifications and experience, the applicant should possess the following core competences:
- Strong communication skills Verbal and written English. Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
- Good report writing skills and computer knowledge.
- Proven team work.
- Sensitivity, diplomacy, tact and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Code of conduct as relevant to food distribution activities.
- Be respectful, possess cultural and political awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate flexibility, consistency and sound work ethics.
- Ability and willingness to live and work in remote field locations under basic conditions.
Application: Submit your application through email to
clearly stating the position, vacancy reference and location in the subject
or by hand delivery to
Kampala Head Office on
Plot 17 Charles Lwanga Road Ntinda,
Adjumani Field Office on Kelvin road,
the AFOD Moyo Office and Palorinya Base Camp, addressed to the Human Resource Officer. Include a cover letter clearly stating the position, vacancy reference, and location, CV (with 3 referees), copies of the academic qualifications/certificates. The email attachment should be a single PDF document including the cover letter, CV and academic documents.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by AFOD Uganda. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.