CNOOC Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC). CNOOC Uganda Limited is delighted to offer employment opportunities to the local talent. Grow your career with CNOOC Uganda Limited and join our experienced team of professionals. Are you focused, committed, passionate and ready to take on new challenges? Then this could be your opportunity to make a valid contribution to the development of the oil and gas sector in Uganda.
Post: Community Relations Coordinator (Based in Hoima)
Location: Kampala, Uganda however can be mobilized to Lake Albert area, other construction sites or other cities as required.
Managing community relations at the camp site and other operation areas in support of the implementation of the Company operations.
• Act as the contact for the Company and the host community to determine relevant issues for improved relationships between the Company and the Local Community.
• Managing the relationship with the host community and other local leaders/stakeholders within the Company area of operation. Grievance handling: Dealing with the community related issues at the camp site and other operation areas on behalf of CUL such as complaints and other inquiries which are within the mandate of the function.
• Orienting and monitoring Company contractors and Sub Contractors on Community relations guideline they need to observe while with CUL operational areas.
• Communicating with the site stakeholders about the Company’s operational activities and corporate social activities and ensuring agreeing implementation of activities among different department team members/officers at site
• Contribute to the development of Company information, Education . and Communication Materials which can be used for stakeholder engagement.
• Providing proactive feedback on the community’s perception and acceptance of the Company and recommend strategies to effectively enhance our social license to operate.
• Facilitate suitable consultative mechanisms and procedures to provide a conducive environment for partnership between the Company and the community. Organizing and mobilizing for engagements with the local communities in KFDA and other operation areas.
• Monitor the implementation of mitigation projects within the operational area of the Company and suggest areas for improvement to the Contractor.
• Plan and deliver or organize public presentations, and inform the community members/groups about updates in regard to Company activities and policies.
• Develop and maintain a register of stakeholders within the operation area and relevant information for the Company operations. Respond to stakeholder concerns and inquiries in a timely manner and where it’s not possible channel the same to CUL head office to the attention of relevant staff.
• Communicate and ensure local content aspects are well understood by the host community and ensure Company Supplier, Contractors and Consultants implement the same while undertaking activities within the area of operation.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of an appropriate strategy of Stakeholders Engagement, based on a detailed Stakeholders mapping and in accordance with the project and the capacity and relevancy of the stakeholders.
• Contribute towards Managing of all aspects of land access in accordance with the Land Access and Resettlement Framework of Uganda and procedures and in a timely manner to meet the businesses exploration, development and pipeline schedules.
• Prepare and Upload activity reports and any relevant documents in the Online Social Data management System for Corporate Affairs
• Deliver company correspondence to stakeholders and transmit any company document to CUL head office for appropriate action.
• Other duties assigned by superior.
• Bachelor’s degree or above in Journalism, communications, politics, economics or the related.
• At least 3 years related working experience.
• Work experience with rural communities at Albert Lake area is highly preferred.
• Certificate of attendance at a community based training course is preferred.
• Knowledge of the local community of Lake Albert required.
• Knowledge in implementation of community development project is essential for this position.
• Local language capability of the southern and south eastern part of Lake Albert Basin is preferred.
• Ability to plan, deliver and organize presentations about company operations to cater for diverse stakeholder interests.
Job application procedure
Send ONLY your CV and Application Letter merged into one PDF to [email protected] not later than FRIDAY 11th June 2021 at 5.00PM.
Ensure to indicate the JOB TITLE in the SUBJECT HEAD of the email.
Please note that your CV should include your contact information, list your qualifications, nationality, 3 related references and only the first application submitted will be considered.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.