Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in 26 countries including Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to respond to human suffering and graduate communities from extreme poverty. In Uganda, FH is operational in the communities ofAdjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
FH/Uganda FH Uganda is actively seeking for a qualified candidate who is committed to its Heartbeat and Corporate Strategy to fill the career opening of;
Job Title: Communication intern
Duty Station: Kampala Office
Reports To: Program Director
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
The successful intern will provide technical support to the Programs department in designing Food for the Hungry publications and contribute to the development and improvement of the design branding and layout of materials produced by Food for the Hungry. S/he will ensure the communications products and reports are following Food for the Hungry branding guidelines, provide the best possible functionality and usability t Food for Hungry partners and contribute to the overall branding process.
The position bearer supports different department and projects across the organization by designing high quality visual content including branding to events, information communication and educator (lEC) material, flyers, magazines, newsletters an annual reports among others. All these are done in consistency with Food for the Hungry branding guidelines..
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Result #1 Support FHU portfolio on documentation and visibility efforts 65%
Key Result #2 Support Key Program information Management 35%
Key Result #3 Additional Communication Duties to accomplish program objectives.
• University degree in Mass Communications, Journalism
• Recent graduate 2016 -2018, aged 20 -30 yrs
• Experience in graphic design and use of graphic design software a must. You need to know how to use Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe illustrator, Adobe lnDesign, Adobe Photoshop at an advanced level.
• Strong writing and interpersonal skills. ”
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
• lnnovativeness and willingness to learn
• Experience in and basic knowledge of photography and videography is a plus;
• Website management knowledge would be an added advantage;
• Committed to FH’s mission and vision and values, and particularly to Gender Equity and Diversity;
• Excellent interpersonal and public relation skills.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Note: For detailed Job descriptions reach out to Claire Kisakye on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FHU is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting only electronic copies of not more than 2MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Food for the Hungry Uganda
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from FH by 29th November, 201.9. FHU has policies including a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign.