Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio – medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
Duty Station: Kalisizo
Reports To: Deputy Programs Manager
The position holder will be the key district liaison officer for the project responsible for the day-to-day operations of the regional Cluster office. In collaboration with DHTs, health facilities and other stakeholders, s/he will be accountable for ensuring that all project outputs/outcomes in the given districts are achieved through effective management of project inputs. .
• Provide leadership and overall supervision for project teams and Cluster activities
• Offer Technical and administration oversight of project activities in liaison with the Deputy project Manager.
• Support Joint work planning & budgeting of the staff in the cluster
• Support performance management (achievements against targets Vs costs)
• Support staff administration & logistic management in the cluster
• Carry out frequent monitoring and supportive supervision visits to health facilities.
• Coordinate with other units including DHT and other stakeholders within the project areas.
• Organize and participate in regular cluster review meetings for the teams in the cluster
• Serve as a principal liaison between the district local government and the Project. This involves:
1. Supporting monitoring of the district-led programming and sub-granting to districts.
2. Attending key meetings & functions in the districts;
3. Routine: DAC, DHTs, Quarterly review meetings, DOVCCs,
4. Non-Routine: Courtesy calls, Impromptu meetings
• Functions: World AIDS day, etc
• Identifying district specific needs & barriers to implementation of district-led programming and propose / refer them to right persons for corrective action.
• Providing technical assistance to DHTs regarding managing of sub-grants and financial agreements.
• Coordinate and adapt lessons learned from HSS activities to further strengthen and expand interventions to achieve the Project goals.
• Conducting capacity building and technical assistance to the DHT and HFs.
• Assessing compliance of the partner districts to the terms and conditions of the partnerships.
• Overseeing the monitoring of RHSP supported CBOs in the cluster (both technical & financial)
• Any other assigned duties in line with your role
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
• Training in HIV/AIDS care and management is essential
• Training in project planning and management will be an added advantage.
• A postgraduate degree in Public Health, Medicine, or a management related field will be an added advantage.
• At least two years relevant experience in implementing public Health/HIV/AIDS related projects at decentralized level.
• Experience working with district health systems and managing project teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of PEPFAR/US government programming policies and regulations, procedures and practices, Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with the DHTs and HFs.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS programming issues.
• Project planning and management skills.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education: Bachelors’ Degree
Job application procedure
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send them; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates, addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Deadline for Submission: Tuesday, 04th August 2020 by 5:00pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.