Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatrics AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of pediatrics HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centers of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa, Easter Europe and North America. Baylor Uganda is experienced professionals to fill the following position:
Title: Clinical Care Team Lead – (1 position based at Hoima Regional Referral Hospital)
Reports directly to: Project Manager .
Role definition: The Clinical Care Team Lead is responsible for working with the Hoima Regional referral hospital management to ensure that HIV/TB service delivery is implemented at the hospital per the work plan, MOH and Baylor Uganda policies.
• Work collaboratively with hospital management to support performance management of project supported staff providing HIV/TB Services.
• Work with hospital heads of departments to ensure project supported staff have clear work targets and that evaluations and appraisals are completed on time.
• Ensure that time worked by all staff is recorded on time sheets and correctly endorsed by the designated supervisors to support staff facilitations.
• Build and maintain an effective performing team at the regional hospital. Obtain weekly management supervision checklist. Support the hospital director to ensure this is completed and submitted in time.
• Provide technical assistance for HIV/TB care and lead the clinical team in the provision of services in line with national guidelines.
• Ensure presence of clinical staff to provide uninterrupted services at the HIV/TB clinic (collaborate with hospital supervisors to establish monthly duty rosters).
• Support the Hub Coordinator in ensuring the hub motorbike is maintained and the repair schedules are adhered to, to minimize down-time.
• Work with the hub coordinator to plan for the Bi-annual laboratory hub review meetings in liaison with project laboratory technical supervisory team
• Work in liaison with hospital management to ensure the laboratory hub functions optimally
• Work in liaison with the Hoima cluster office to perform the administrative role on behalf of the project at the hospital.
• Ensure timely submission of documentation to requisition and account for project funds.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
• MBChB and registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council .
• MMed Internal Medicine and/or MPH or related public health policy management course
• Personal competencies in team building and good communication skills.
• Being dynamic, Persuasive & convincing, self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Experience as a supervisor in clinic or hospital-based services
• Knowledge of HIV/TB and community-based health care and advocacy
• Knowledge of district health systems and protocols
• Knowledge of HMIS and data reporting
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe that you are the right candidate for the above positions, open the link for details of the position to apply. https://careers.baylor-uganda.org
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts, Deadline for application is 30th April 2021. Please clearly indicate the district of interest in your cover letter. Qualified candidates from these districts are encouraged to apply.
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.