Uganda Airlines, the National Carrier of the Republic of Uganda based at Entebbe International Airport is now accepting applications for a number of job opportunities.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for presenting a positive image of the airline in keeping with its brand to connect the world to the Pearl of Africa. You will be enthusiastic about serving all Uganda Airlines customers and colleagues with courtesy and respect in line with the company’s values.
You will also be championing safety and ensuring international aviation standards are maintained at the airline. This is a great opportunity to be part of the new National Airline, in this exciting industry. .
Reports to: Manager Cabin Crew
Responsible for: Cabin Crew
Department: Flight Operations
• A Cabin Crew Purser is responsible for the safety and comfort of passengers on Uganda Airlines flights. He/ she will be responsible for preparing the aircraft cabins for flights. He/ She is the front line representative of the company to the passengers.
• Provide customer service to passengers while ensuring their safety and comfort throughout the flight.
• Deal with security and emergency situations that may arise on board, including administering first aid on board.
• Ensure that all emergency equipment is in working order prior to the flight and that there are adequate supplies on board.
• Assist passengers aboard the plane and give a demonstration of safety procedures and equipment.
• Ensure passenger comfort on board to enhance a pleasant flight experience.
• Supervise Cabin Crew on a flight to ensure a smooth flight and customer comfort.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
• A minimum of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (“A” Level).
• Fluency in all four skills of English (understanding, speaking, reading, writing).
• The ability to speak another language (e.g. Kiswahili or French) is an added advantage.
• A Certificate from a recognized aviation training organization for Cabin Crew Purser.
• Pleasing personality, at least 30 years old, and good eyesight.
• Height between 5feet 2inches (1.57m) and 6feet 2inches (1.88m) with minimum arm reach of 6feet 11inches (2.12m) while standing on tiptoes.
• No visible tattoos or body piercing. Tattoos or piercings must not be visible on the body or through uniform clothing and CANNOT be covered up with make-up or plasters.
• Must successfully pass a functional assessment.
• Must know and be able to swim at least 50 meters.
• Holder of a valid passport and a National ID.
• Be able to provide satisfactory references and ready to undergo a Criminal Record Check.
• Should be healthy and ready to undergo a medical examination.
• Be able to work shifts (within the local legal limits and per ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices) covering any part of the 24 hours of the day as may be required by the company for the entire career. Flexible availability within the said hours will be required.
• Prior experience as a Cabin Purser for a minimum of 3 years’ operating international routes on a wide body aircraft like A330, A350, B777, is a must.
• Maturity, high ethics, and integrity.
• Good training and coaching skills.
• A confident, independent, articulate, and reliable personality.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and for long hours.
Ability to deliver high-quality outputs with minimal supervision
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates with one passport size photograph (one full size photograph for Cabin Crew applicants) should be submitted online at www.careers.ugandairlines.com or by post quoting the Job Reference number accordingly.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Manager Human Resources.
Uganda National Airlines Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.