Job Title: Building Officer – Electrical
Reports To: Manager, Compliance Monitoring
Employment Type: Contract
Salary Scale: NBRB 4
Age 28 to 50 years
Contract Duration: 5 years renewable subject to satisfactory performance
The National Building Review Board is a government agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport established by the Building Control Act, 2013.
The Board is mandated to monitor building developments; ensure that the design and construction of buildings and utilities to which the public is to have access cater for persons with disabilities; oversee, inspect and monitor the operations of Building Committees; hear and determine appeals from persons dissatisfied with the decisions of a Building Committee; and to determine the fees to be charged by urban and district building committees for approval of plans, issue of building permits and occupation permits.
• Working with the Manager Compliance to develop a robust monitoring and investigation system for all Electrical Engineering installation matters.
• Develop and publish inspection checklists that would be used by Building Control Officers for on-going construction sites
• inspect and assess the works of the building Committees to ensure compliance with the Building Control Act, Building Regulations and the Code
• Carry out competence and capacity building of Building Control officers
• Assist the Manager Compliance Monitoring in generating the periodic compliance reports
Job Skills: Not Specified
• The applicant should ideally be Ugandan holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution.
• Registration with a professional body (ERB) is a MUST
• At least FIVE (05) years working experience in Government or a reputable organization as an Engineer or its equivalent.
• A Postgraduate qualification in Electrical Engineering or Management is an added advantage.
Job application procedure
All applications should be addressed to the Executive Secretary, National Building Review Board P.O.Box 7349, KAMPALA UGANDA and submitted directly online by logging on to www.nbrb.go.ug or sent on email; email@example.com not later than 15th September, 2020.
• Applications should be accompanied by latest detailed CV, Copies of academic Certificates, 2 Passport size photographs, copy of a National ID, copy of a valid practicing License (where necessary) and any other relevant document.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• Late submissions SHALL NOT be accepted.