The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Behavioral Social Scientist for the 3HP OPTIONS TRIAL study to be based in Kampala. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the implementation of the 3HP Options Trial qualitative evaluation in line with Ugandan/IDRC and U.S./UCSF regulations and standards.
• Work with the study nurses to recruit, screen, consent and follow-up study participants according to the study protocol and standard operating procedures.
• Conduct and coordinate qualitative research study activities including sampling and data collection for qualitative research study participants according to the study protocol and standard operating procedures.
• Adhere to the principles of ethical research according to human subjects review protocols.
• Conducting in-depth interviews of study participants and key informants at 3HP Options Trial sites in Uganda.
• Conducting participant observation at selected 3HP Options Trial and other community settings as needed.
• Conducting focus group discussions with 3HP Options Trial participants.
• Communicate (e.g., Zoom conference calls) with the Study Investigators bi-weekly on the overall data collection progress and other issues, including preparation of a weekly memo for the lead Behavioral Social Scientist.
• Provide monthly reports on the 3HP Options Trial qualitative study progress and regularly communicate with the Study Investigators at UCSF and IDRC
• Participate in analysis of qualitative data and manuscript writing in conjunction with UCSF, IDRC Investigators and the Study Coordinator using qualitative research software such as Dedoose or Atlas.ti.
Qualifications and other desirables for the job:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences/Social Work & Social Administration.
• Masters’ in Public Health, Social Sciences or any Health-related training.
• GCP/HSP training is a MUST
• Experience working on HIV/TB studies/clinical trials research.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Working knowledge of Qualitative Data analysis packages.
• Fluency in Luganda.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under stringent deadlines and to work independently
• Excellent attention to detail
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your applications using this link on the IDRC website: http://idrc-uganda.org/careers.html
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS:
• All applications must be submitted through the IDRC recruitment portal on or before 5:00pm, Tuesday 6thApril2021.
• Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
• Applications cannot be amended following submission.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.