JOB TITLE: Associate Professor
Salary Scale: M4
Responsible to: Head of Department/ Professor in the relevant discipline
Responsible for: Senior Lecturers
Department: Department where the discipline/programme is domiciled
Interacts with: Lecturers, Assistant Lecturers, Graduate Fellows or Teaching Assistal1ts/ Fellows
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide academic and professional leadership and knowledge to Senior Lecturers, Lecturers, Assistant Lecturers and students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels; and to promote knowledge of his/her subject through original work. .
• To prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate and postgraduate students
• To conduct research and disseminate research ﬁndings.
• To promote knowledge of his/her subject through production of original work
• To guide and supervise students doing research.
• To organize and conduct seminar
• To set tests, coursework and exanimations; mark the scripts as well as grade, compile and submit/enter the marks in the Academic Information Management System (AIMS).
• To guide and advise students on their performance.
• We researched lectures prepared and delivered to undergraduate and post—graduate students.
• Research conducted and research ﬁndings disseminated through conferences, seminars and publications
• Knowledge promoted through original work
• Students undertaking researches guided and supervised
• Seminars organized and conducted
• Tests, coursework, examinations set; scripts marked, marks graded, compiled and submitted/ entered in the Academic Information Management System (AIMS) in time
• Students guided and advised on their performance
• Must have a PhD in a relevant Discipline.
• Must have served at the level of Senior Lecturer or its equivalent with at least eight (8) years of teaching experience in a recognized University/ Institution.
• Must have published at least three new articles in reputable peer reviewed journals, or three book chapters or one book with ISBN Number in the area of specialization since promotion to the rank of Senior Lecturer.
• Three journal articles or book chapters shall be vetted.
• Should have supervised two graduate students to completion.
• Should have contributed to community service.
Job application procedure
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following:
(a) A detailed and up—to—date Curriculum Vitae.
(b) Certiﬁed copies of academic transcripts, certiﬁcates, professional qualiﬁcations and appointment letters.
(c) Names and addresses of three referees.
(d) Copies of National Identity Card, birth certiﬁcate or copies of relevant pages of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
Sealed application should be sent to the address below not later than 26th February 2021, 5:00prn. East African Time.
Director Human Resources
Second Floor, Administration Block (Records Office)
P-O. Box 1,
Tel: +256 4-14 286 452 –
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews
Applicants who will not hear from Kyambogo University upon completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves as unsuccessful.
Kyambogo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer