Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Working experience: At least three (3) years’ experience in a related field in a reputable organization
Duration of the contract: The contract is for 20 months.
Duty Station: Head Office, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, Entebbe with frequent travel to the field.
To assist the M& E Officer coordinate all M&E activities under the project, compiling M&E reports, organizing M&E specialized studies, workshops and surveys, and coordinating knowledge sharing activities. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will be responsible to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. The job demands high energy, working and travelling long hours; and consistently demanding filing of regular high quality reports within strict timelines. The Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will take operational responsibility for the following duties:
• The development, maintenance and operation of the project M&E including management information systems at all levels of project implementation;
• Providing technical guidance on data collection, collation and analysis of information and prepare quarterly, annual and other reports on project implementation;
• Coordinating all communication and knowledge sharing activities specified in the Project Implementation Manual;
• preparation Annual Project Implementation Plans (Logical Framework) and coordinate the accomplishment of the planned objectives through project operators/stakeholders;
• Performing any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Job Skills : Not Specified
The candidate should be in possession of an Honors Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural sciences, Rural Development and Development Studies. A Post Graduate Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation or a higher related qualification, from a recognized university or institution is a must requirement. The candidate should have evidence of very good STATA and SPSS analytical skills with extensive experience in data collection, analysis and report writing.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The short listing and selection of the Project staff shall be conducted in accordance with the World Bank’s guidelines; Selection and Empowerment of consultants (under IBRD loans and IDA Credits and Grants) World Bank borrowers (Jan 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”
Sealed expression of interest (application letters, curriculum Vitae and copies of academic documents) should be delivered by hand to the address below not later than 21st April 2021 by 4pm.
Please indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
All applicants MUST register their Names and sign the registration Form as confirmation of delivery of the application. Applications should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries
P.O. Box 102,
Telephone: 0414-320 004/323990
Fax: 0414-321 255