Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is one of the national Assessment Boards in Uganda. This is a professional Examinations Board with the mandate to streamline, regulate, coordinate and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions.
The Board therefore conducts Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied Science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Bee keeping and other related fields), Physical Sciences (Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields), Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism.
UBTEB is committed to conduct quality applied knowledge and skills Examinations with an ultimate goal of enabling the students to access further upward academic progressions and employment in the world of work. The Board emphasizes Integrity and transparency, Valid and Reliable Assessment, Commitment and Teamwork, Security and confidentiality, and Professionalism as the key guiding principles for building a strong organization.
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts in its establishment under the Directorates of Examinations Management and that of Finance, Human Resource and Administration. All applicants should be computer literate. The Board offers an attractive salary and benefit package to these positions.
Job Title: Assessment Officer (Languages-1 Post)
Ref No: UBTEB/HRM-EXT/004/01/2021
Salary Scale: BTEB 5
Reports to: Senior Examinations Officer, Journalism and Communication
Department: Business, Humanities and Social Sciences
To implement the examination processes in Languages.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Inspect and collect data on institutions for accreditation as examination centres;
• Implement set standards and guidelines in execution of the examination process;
• Prepare marking center documents;
• Development, moderation and proof reading of test items;
• Develop assessment tool and examination syllabi;
• Inspect Industrial training and real life projects;
• Verify continuous assessment marks/results of candidates from Examination Centres;
• Verify candidates’ biodata for registration, and produce registers;
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Working Experience
• An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Arts (Languages) or Bachelor of arts with education (Languages) from a recognized institution;
• A Diploma in Education (Languages) from a recognized institution is an added advantage;
• A Teaching qualification is an added advantage;
• A Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in teaching or world of work;
• 25 – 40 years of age at entry.
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills
• High level of integrity
• Computer skills
Job application procedure
Three sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials, Transcripts and/or Result slips; Three (3) most recent and clear passport size photographs, Names and addresses of two referees, A letter of recommendation from the current or most recent employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees; should be submitted in sealed envelopes and hand delivered not later than 23rd January, 2021 at 5.00p.m to the address indicated below.
The Job title and Reference Number should be clearly written on the top left corner of the envelope. Applications should be addressed to; The Executive Secretary, Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board; Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda; P. O. Box 1499; Kampala – Uganda. Only successful applicants will be contacted