JOB TITLE: 9 Senior Assistant Technicians
Salary scale: M10
Faculty: Engineering (2 ) Education (2) and Science (5)
Reports to: Technician
Supervises: Assistant Technician Grade 1
Interacts with: Head of Department, Chief Technician, Principal Technicians, Senior Technicians and Lecturers and Students.. .
• To clean and sterilize laboratory glass ware, surface and equipment/machines.
• To package, transport, submit, process and preserve test samples;
• To receive and record submitted samples
• To prepare laboratory reagents
• To document and receive samples for analysis.
• To dispose laboratory waste in appropriate manner.
• To stock take and record laboratory/workshop inventories.
• To assist in setting up routine experiments.
• Laboratory glass ware, surface and equipment cleaned, sterilized and maintained.
• Test samples processed, packaged, transported, submitted, processed and preserved in timely manner.
• Samples received, recorded and submitted.
• Laboratory reagents prepared appropriately
• Samples for analysis documented and received.
• Laboratory waste disposed in appropriate manner
• Stock taking and laboratory inventories maintained.
• Routine experiments set up
Either” Must have Higher 1DiploIna (Credit and above) in the relevant technical discipline as indicated against the post in the summary table i-e- Biomedical Engineering Technical Teacher Education; Chemistry; Biological science; Physics; Food Processing Technology; and Sports Science, respectively, from a recognized awarding universi13r/ institution plus three years working
experience at the level of Assistant Technician Grade 1 in a reputable Higher Education Institution or a reputable research related organization.
An Ordinary Diploma (Credit and above) in the relevant technical discipline speciﬁed above plus six years’ working experience at the level of Assistant Technician Grade I or its equivalent in a reputable Higher Education Institution or a reputable research related organization
• Computer application skills
• Planning, technical, organizing and budgeting skills
• Supervisory skills
• Communication Skills
• Concern for quality and standards
• Interpersonal skills
• Team work
Job application procedure
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following:
(a) A detailed and up—to—date Curriculum Vitae.
(b) Certiﬁed copies of academic transcripts, certiﬁcates, professional qualiﬁcations and appointment letters.
(c) Names and addresses of three referees.
(d) Copies of National Identity Card, birth certiﬁcate or copies of relevant pages of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
Sealed application should be sent to the address below not later than 26th February 2021, 5:00prn. East African Time.
Director Human Resources
Second Floor, Administration Block (Records Office)
P-O. Box 1,
Tel: +256 4-14 286 452 –
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews
Applicants who will not hear from Kyambogo University upon completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves as unsuccessful.
Kyambogo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer