The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi—autonomous body established by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Act, 1998, to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS). The mandate of the Bureau is the production, coordination and dissemination of official statistics.
The Bureau intends to conduct The National Service Delivery Survey (NSIDS) 2021- It is therefore seeking to recruit highly competent, motivated, results oriented, dynamic, team players of good character and high integrity to carry out the survey.
DIRECTORATE OF SOCIO-ECONOMICS SURVEYS
Job Title: 80 Field Staff
Job Ref: UBOS/NSDS/FS/21
Terms of Employment: Temporary for a period of 4-months
Reporting: Field Operations Officer.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
• Locate the structures and households in the sample and complete the household Questionnaire.
• Interview all eligible members in the households assigned using the Questionnaire
• Administer the respective questionnaire to all selected households
• Ensure that all questionnaires are filled accurately
• Responsible for the safety of all survey materials allocated
• Make the necessary preparation for the ﬁeldwork
• Edit, compile data and cross check errors in the collected data
• Write field reports
• Submit duly completed questionnaires to the relevant authority
• Submit a performance report to the relevant authority.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• A minimum of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education with credit in Mathematics and English at ‘O’ level.
• Must be ﬂuent, both Written and oral, in at least one of these local languages
• Luganda, Lugbara, Luo, Ngakarimojong, Runyankole — Rukiga, Runyoro — Rutoro, Lusoga, Lugisu.
• Should have participated in household based survey/Census data collection exercises for at least one year
• Prior use of computers or other digital devices for data collection is an added advantage.
Skills and other attributes
• Computer literacy
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• Good inter—personal skills-
• Strong communication skills-
• Leadership and team dynamics skills; and
• Presentation skills
• Should be physically fit and able to walk long distances
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe you ﬁt the required proﬁle, please submit your application through the online application system available on the UBOS website: www.ubos.org Not Later than close of business on the, 19th February, 2021 at 5pm. Hardcopies shall not be accepted.
All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters- (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.