Locum Research Nurse (6 Positions) – IDI Makerere
The Research Nurse’s primary role is to work with the health facilities to ensure that study interventions are conducted according to the study protocol.
• Provide study information to potential subjects prior to and during the consent process
• Obtain and document informed participant consent,
• Randomize and enroll eligible study participants
• Document study procedures in the participants’ clinic files
• Perform blood draws as per the study protocol,
• Administer the study vaccine, do post vaccination observations and account for study vaccine as per standard operating procedures
• Provide nursing care to study participants,
• Schedule study participant visits
• Conduct data quality control and assurance reviews
• Collect locator information and liaise with Village Health Teams to conduct home visits to track study participants.
• Perform any other study – related delegated by the study Principal Investigator.
Education Requirements and experience:
• Nursing degree or diploma (registered) from a recognized education institution
• Immunization/vaccination program experience is an added advantage
• GCP training and research experience will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 1 years work experience in a public health facility setting
• Up to date registration with Uganda Nurses’ and Midwives Council.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills and ability to communicate with potential participants in local languages
• Demonstrable knowledge and skills in nursing procedures and practices including pediatric phlebotomy.
• Good counseling skills
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and Ability to be a good team player
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, schedule and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Competence in the use of standard MS Office software
Download full advert >>>
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply Now