Lira Regional Referral Hospital
Lira Regional Referral Hospital (RRH) has received a grant from the United States Government through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID to implement a Government to Government (G2G) funded HIV and TB Health System Strengthening Project.
The project aims at strengthening capacity of the RRH teams in HIV and TB service delivery, leadership, management, and accountability. Government to Government (G2G) is a USAID initiative to transition delivery of services and technical assistance to local partners including host government entities. The G2G initiative is also part of efforts to support local ownership and enhance the sustainability of results.
The awards under this mechanism focus on HIV service delivery and health systems strengthening including public financial management. As one of the recipients of these awards, Lira Regional Referral Hospital invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions to be submitted to the address below not later than 5:00pm, 23 December 2021.
Note that Health Workers recruited under this project will be given employment contracts by the hospital. These are full time jobs, so people already holding full time Government Jobs should not apply. Salaries will be based on Government of Uganda scales.
Post: Enrolled Midwife 6 posts
Reports to: Assistant Nursing Officer (Midwifery)
• Must have a Certificate in Enrolled Midwifery or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
• At least 2 years relevant work experience
• Providing midwifery services during pregnancy, labor, and postpartum periods in line with health protocols Provide family planning services to clients as necessary
• Participate in providing outreach services.
• Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria, including universal precautions, are met
• Ensure that medical practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and Codes of Conduct
• Ensure data collected is accurate and submit reports according to schedule
• Assess for reproductive health needs of adolescent girls and women of reproductive age group.
• Provide counseling and health education before and after screening.
• Provide the full antenatal care package including screening tests at the facility and during community Outreaches.
• Identifying high risk pregnancies and organizing appropriate referrals
• Other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Job application procedure
Applicants must be registered with the relevant professional council and have a valid practicing license were applicable. Applicants should also attach updated Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates and testimonials of the academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references to; The Director, Lira regional Referral Hospital, P.O. BOX 2, Lira Hand delivered to the Hospital Central Registry By email to: [email protected] File size must not exceed 2MB.