University Research Co., LLC (URC), a US-based public health organization working in Uganda since 2005, is implementing the USAID’s Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in East Central Uganda Activity (USAID’s RHITES EC). The RHITES EC project started in October 2016 and runs till September 2021.
The RHITES EC project supports 12 districts in East-Central Uganda to periodically review their performance data, plan, implement and monitor progress on key indicators in HIV/TB prevention and treatment, Malaria, Nutrition and RNMCAH. URC is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Counselors – (55)
Job Purpose: The Counselors will be responsible for providing comprehensive HIV Counselling and psycho-social support to Clients, their families, and Community Members as appropriate to enable them to cope with HIV. The counselors will work as part of a team at the facility of deployment under the supervision of the Health Facility In-charge, and the RHITES EC HIV Psychosocial and Counseling Advisor. The job is for a period of 4 months. The persons will be based in Luuka, Kamuli, Buyende, Kaliro, Bugiri, Busia, Namayingo, Namutumba, Bugweri, Iganga and Jinja districts. Individuals from these districts are encouraged to apply. .
Job Specifications: The job holder will:
• Provide Quality and Comprehensive Counselling Services to Clients, their partners and other family members (Pre-test, Post-test, Adherence support, Intensive Adherence Counselling).
• Conduct assessment/screening of Patients for HTS and provide necessary psychosocial care.
• Participate in the process of empowering patients with skills for positive living, and self-reliance
• Refer & Link Clients to appropriate medical and Psychosocial support.
• Conduct CMEs at the facility to strengthen knowledge and skills of existing health workers in Counseling and psycho-social support
• Provide technical support to Facility and Community Volunteers
• Oversee and support the facility to improve implementation of Index testing and APN
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications, Experience and desired attributes:
• Diploma in any of the following fields: Social Sciences, Education, SWSA, Development Studies, Community & Adult Education, Community Psychology, Guidance & Counselling, BSc Nursing or any related field)
• At least two (2) years of work experience in direct provision of HIV Counseling in a health facility.
• Good knowledge on Rights of PLHIV and current MOH consolidated Guidelines for HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment.
• Additional necessary requirement: Certificate in HIV Counselling; Child & Adolescent Counselling certificate or Training of trainers is an added advantage.
• Willingness to work in rural setting.
• Excellent Counselling, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills.
• Ability to communicate in the language dialects used in East Central region (Lusoga, Lugweri, Swahili, Samia, Luganda).
Job Education: Diploma
Job Experience: 2 years
Job application procedure
Qualified applicants should hand deliver OR send via E-mail HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com their complete applications with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references by Thursday, May 14th, 2020 at 5:00 pm addressed to:
Senior Human Resource Officer
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services
Plot 1 Bridge Lane, Mpumudde Division
P.O. Box 5053, Jinja, Uganda
Tel: +256 (0) 393 217 617, +256 200 300 900
While we thank all applicants for showing interest, only qualified internal applicants will be contacted for interviews.