The Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33l-(V and below voltage electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. UEDCL monitors Umeme Ltd’s investment, distributes power in eight (8) territories covering over 60 Districts operates the pole plant at Lugogo, and executes some of the rural electriﬁcation schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources. The Company is seeking to recruit qualiﬁed, competent and highly motivated Ugandans for the following role:
Are you an individual with high integrity, dedication and commitment, then we welcome you to a future of possibilities.
Job Title: Driver
Number of positions: 05
Accountable to: Estates Officer
Department: Human Resource & Administration
Duty Station: Kampala.
• Transport materials over land
• inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
• Picking materials for delivery, based on an authorization from the stores in line with company policy.
• Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
• Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
• Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
• Collect and verify delivery instructions
• Report defects, accidents or violations
• Coordination with other entities and stakeholders in the electricity industry to ensure that the work is undertaken in line with Government Agenda,
• Generate timely progress reports on project works, materials utilization, and preparation of payment certiﬁcates,
• And other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Technical requirements/experience/ qualiﬁcations
• A minimum of A level certiﬁcate
• At least ﬁve (5) years ‘experience in truck driving
• A valid driving license with preferable classes: CH and DH
• Ability to drive long distances and travel regularly
• Ability to work under pressure
• The minimum age limit is 35 years and above
Job Education Requirements: A level certiﬁcate
Job Experience Requirements: Five (5) years
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
All interested candidates who wish to join UEDCL in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to visit our website at www.uedel.co.ug select, “Careers” to view the job detail and follow the application instructions‘ After reviewing the job detail, candidates uploads shuld not exceed 1MB.