Job Title: Sonographer / Medical Imaging Technologist -Mbarara, Jinja, Mbale, Kabale.
Location: MSUG Centre
Reporting to: Centre Manager
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the purpose of this role is to perform diagnostic patient care services using an ultrasound machine. The Diagnostic Medical Sonogrpher shall operate equipment, perform and communicate results during diagnostic examinations.
Shall use ultrasound machines to view and interpret images with sound waves for the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.
The principal job duty of the Diagnostic Medical Sonographer will be to perform accurate ultrasound tests of a particular area of the body, based on a physician’s order. The diagnostic medical sonographer will then analyze the test result from the ultrasound equipment.
• Perform diagnostic procedures using sonographic equipment.
• Schedule patients for procedure.
• Obtain and record patient history.
• Use transducer to study images of organs, tissues, or blood flow inside the body.
• Record anatomical, pathological, and/or physiological data for interpretation by a physician.
• Perform clinical assessment during examinations.
• Identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images.
• Identify normal and abnormal findings.
• Analyze sonograms and relay findings to physician/Doctor/CO.
• Maintain ultrasound equipment and supplies.
• Prepare preliminary reports.
• Address problems and inquiries from patient.
• Organize daily work schedule.
• Order further testing if needed.
• Ability to discuss issues of sexuality and reproductive health with male and female clients of all ages.
• Experience and knowledge of the Obstetric and gynecological, surgical and paediatrics anatomy
• Strong knowledge of evidence-based standards of safe practices in the relevant field of Imaging
• Attention to details.
• Proven skills in effective problem solving and conflict resolution
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities and work independently
• Computer literate (ability to effectively enter and maintain client records through an electronic database)
• Experience working as part of a highly functioning team.
• Excellent record keeping and time management.
• Adherence to professional ethical code of conduct and integrity
• Demonstrable experience in managing health care data and report writing in a busy environment.
• Ability to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres.
• Excellent oral and writing abilities.
• Ability to ensure patient safety, privacy and confidentiality
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with people from different background
• Demonstrable experience in emergency preparedness, response and care
• Good team player.
• Good planner
• Good public relations and customer care
• Understanding of medical and government legislation, policies and medico-legal compliance.
Qualifications and Training (essential/ desirable)
• Diploma or Bachelors of Medical Imaging or its equivalent from a recognized University or Institution
• Must be registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council with a valid practicing licence
• Fluent English; both Oral and Written.
• Working experience of 2 years and above as a Medical Imaging Technologist in a recognized hospital
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
• Effective Communication
Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
• Working Efficiently
Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
• Sharing Information
Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
• Focus on Learning
Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
Drive and determination to deliver results
Job application procedure
You are encouraged to apply for the above positions provided you meet the specified minimum job requirements.
For more details, please refer to the attached job descriptions
To apply for the positions, Please submit your application and CV to [email protected].
The deadline for applications is Friday, 4th February 2022.
MSUG is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding humanity and expects all position holders to share this commitment.
MSUG has a well guided and transparent recruitment process that requires no payment from any candidate/job applicants/potential job seekers as a pre-employment requirement.
Female canditates that qualify are encouraged to apply.