4 Community Development Facilitators-Livelihoods
Position Type: Full Time
Location: National Staff Field Based
Reports to: Program Area Manager
Contract Length: 2 years (Fixed)
Start Date: October
Supervise all livelihoods activities provide training and technical assistance to farmer groups, VSLAS and exhaustively monitor project implementation This includes conducting surveys and assessments to determine training needs, mobilizing and sensitizing communities and stakeholders, forming beneficiary groups, designing and conducting training of beneficiaries in modern agriculture, business skills and essential Nutrition Practices, and post-harvest handling, supervision of the provision of seeds, tools, and other inputs. Visit/follow up of crop development, creation of market linkages, and periodically advise/support beneficiaries to ensure successful implementation of the project according to proposal log frame. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Key Result #1 Targeting of beneficiaries
• Key Result #2 Training and extension service delivery
• Key Result #3 Coordination and reporting
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Agriculture, Food science and relevant work experience Knowledge in value chain development, income generating activities and VSLA is desirable.
• Experience in teaching /training adult learners. Training in basic household nutrition practices will be added advantage.
• Experience in the practices, principles and operations associated with modern agricultural production including knowledge of agronomic principles and practices, including crops, soils and nutrients
• A minimum of Four (4) years’ practical field experience working in communities with agricultural and livelihoods practices and experience.
• Previous work in a refugee context is an added advantage.
Job application procedure
*Complete Job Descriptions are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
FHU is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply through the link http://188.8.131.52/fhugjobs/ not later than Monday 24th August, 2020 at 4:30pm
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from FH by 1st October, 2020. FHU as a relief and development organization focuses on children, we strive to ensure that children are kept safe in all the areas we operate.
The organization further has a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign. Potential candidates will be required to provide information confirming whether or not they have ever been convicted of any child abuse crimes