The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous body established by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Act, 1998, to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS). The mandate of the Bureau is the production, coordination and dissemination of official statistics.
The Bureau intends to conduct The Baseline Education Census (BEC) 2020. It is therefore seeking to recruit highly competent, motivated, results oriented, dynamic, team players of good character and high integrity to carry out the survey.
DIRECTORATE OF POPULATION AND SOCIAL STATISTICS
Job Title: Statisticians (3)
Job Ref: UBOS/BEC/STAT/20
Terms of Employment: Temporary for a period of 9 months
Reporting: Statistician-SS .
Key Duties and Responsibility:
• Draft Questionnaires and Manuals for the Baseline Education Census
• Draft the tabulation plan
• Draft the editing guidelines
• Test the data application programme with IT staff
• Run preliminary tables
• Conduct secondary data editing from the office
• Supervise the data editors
• Participate in the drafting of the report for the BEC
• Compile activity reports on the BEC
• Compile accountabilities
• Take minutes during meetings whenever called upon
Skills and other attributes
• Computer literacy
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• Good inter-personal skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Leadership and team dynamics skills
• Presentation skills
• Should be physically fit and able to walk long distances
• Knowledge of data management programmes like STATA or CsPRO is a MUST
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Other Requirements
• Degree in Statistics or related field, Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education with Credit in Mathematics and English at ‘O’ level.
• 3-4 Years work experience in managing large dataset and analysis
• Prior use of computers or other digital devices for data collection is an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Degree in Statistics or related field
Job Experience Requirements: 3-4 Years
Job application procedure
If you believe you fit the required profile, please submit your application through the online application system available on the UBOS Website: www.ubos.org Not Later than close of business on the, 24th January, 2020 at 5pm. Hardcopies shall not be accepted.
All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
UGANDA BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN ALL EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ORGANISATION.
NB: Please note that staff with ongoing contracts with UBOS up to and including February 2020 are NOT eligible to apply.