Umoja Microfinance is a Ugandan Microfinance located at Ben Okot road, Plot 11, Bukoto Kampala and started its activities on 1st October 2021.Umoja is a money lending institution licenced by the Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority (UMRA) and a member of the Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU).
Umoja Microfinance exists to serve and empower people to build brighter futures together. Umoja means “unity” in Swahili. We are focused on improving lives through financial inclusion for all people. By providing the initial step up to those in need we believe we can break the cycle of poverty and empower a new generation of entrepreneurs and leaders in their communities.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following roles.
HR LIAISON OFFICER (3)
Reports to HR Manager
HR Liaisons serve as a communication link between Human Resources department and operations department in the field/branches and plays an integral role in the coordination of human resources activities (i.e. benefit enrolment, performance management, leave reporting, etc.) for employees in their departments. As partners of the Human Resources Department, HR Liaisons play a key role — from creating a welcoming environment for new hires to maintaining workplace unity while supporting employees and management. Excellent oral and written communication is critical and essential for this role. The employee must not have any disciplinary actions and have a meets expectation on their performance management plan.
Duty station: Eastern Uganda, Western Uganda, South Western Uganda.
Core Duties expected of all HR Liaisons:
• Disseminate information and news such as policy changes, benefits updates, training opportunities, classification and compensation updates, etc.
• Prompt in communicating HR information to their regional staff, as it is generally time-sensitive information.
• Complete required training associated with liaison role and functional duties.
• Attend HR Liaison Meetings, HR Forums, and additional HR sponsored events.
• A contact point for all HR issues in a particular region
Duties and responsibilities
1. Insurance Benefits
Assist new employees with benefit enrolment including medical insurance etc
• Assist employees with time off / leave request questions
• Review and approve time off / leave transactions in Workday
• Monitor time off / leave balances in Workday
• Complete sick leave pool request forms, adjusting hours for accruals and usage
3. New Employee On boarding
• Complete department-specific employee orientation process
• Work with the IT department and others to obtain appropriate application access
• Assemble official personnel file
• 4. Recruitment
• Follow the for staff new hires.
• Assist hiring manager throughout process ensuring compliance with hiring matrix, reference checks, consistent interview questions especially for field service staff.
• Assist with offer letter and place signed copy in official personnel file
5. Performance Evaluation
• Assist managers with the performance management process including goal setting and completing annual performance reviews
• Encourage compliance with timely completions
• Assist with completion of mid-year reviews as needed
6. Official personnel file
• Maintain and manage files
• Request file for employee transferring from another department
7. Progressive Discipline & Complaints
• Work with management/supervisor for involuntary terminations
• Assist management/supervisor with documentation
• Assist with documentation for complaints & appeals process
• Submit leave request
• Verify/plan for years of service or other awards
• Provide guidance on rewards
9. Organization Development
• Monitor compliance with required, or other, training completions
• Assign employees to training as deemed necessary by department
• Communicate with supervisors/management if employees are past due
10. Workers’ Compensation
• Submit first report of injury documentation
• Respond to HR Manager for additional information related to work-related injuries
Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent qualification
• Experience of up to 1-2years working with HR in a financial institution
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please send your applications to [email protected] or hand deliver to Umoja Microfinance head office, Plot 11,Ben Okot, Bukoto. For more information, please contact our office on 0786-721793/0706542094.Deadline for these jobs is 10th