The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) was founded to contribute to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO requires the services of dedicated, competent, result oriented and innovative individuals for employment on a contract basis for the posts below;
(1) Job Title – REF: TS/HR/ PMGT 01: District Linkages Officer (03)
(2) Classification: Contract- Full-time
(3) Reports To: Community Linkages Advisor, RHITES-EC
Salary: Commensurate with training and experience Duty Station: Kaliro, Namutumba and Bugweri Districts Directly
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide technical support in the community initiative that support effective referrals and follow up of clients between the health facilities and the surrounding communities, plan and coordinate community linkages and referral activities in collaboration with Health facilities, Sub-County Health Management Team and other stakeholders/partners to ensure successful implementation and monitoring of the project..
• Technical support to District/Sub-county health teams and health facilities provided
• Community referral system coordinated and monitored
• Selection, identification and training of Community Health Workers ensured
• Monitoring of community linkage activities coordinated
• Monthly and quarterly reports on community linkages complied and submitted
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with District/Sub-county health teams and health facilities to establish community based structures that will create demand for HIV/AIDS care, treatment, Nutrition, SMC, MNCH, malaria and PMTCT and TB/HIV services
• Supervise Community Health Workers (CHWs) to conduct referrals, follow ups and other community activities
• Coordinate and monitor the referral system between the community and the Health facilities Provide technical assistance to Community Health Workers (CHWs) and health facilities to strengthen community-facility linkages aimed at improving patient adherence, retention, self-management, and psychosocial services.
• Participate in the selection, identification and training of Community Health Workers CHWs) including Village Health Teams (VHTS), Mentor mothers and PLHIV networks
• Lead the implementation of community mobilization approaches, documenting best practices for
• community engagement, linkages and HIV prevention at community level
• Work with community M&E officers and health information officers to coordinate monitoring of community linkage activities, conduct rountine community linkages data at health facilities
• Work with Sub-county health teams and health facilities to establish new and strengthen existing
• community treatment support groups to promote drug adherence, retention
• Prepare a comprehensive monthly and quarterly reports of all activities carried out as per the work plan
• Compile monthly and quarterly reports on community linkages in the Community Facility districts
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor/Community Facility project coordinator
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum Academic Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or higher qualification in any of the following disciplines; Public Health, Health Management, Development Studies, Community Development, SWASA or other relevant field.
• Additional Training Necessary: Experience in using any of the various aspects of the behaviour change and communication (BCC) model would be desirable.
• Minimum Experience and Exposure: Minimum 3 years working experience in community health, preferably with USAID funded projects, community health service delivery and experience at community level health systems in Uganda.
• Excellent written and verbal communication or interpersonal skills is a must.
• Good analytical skills and ability to support a cross section of frontline health workers
• Advocacy and Public Relations skills
• Other Qualities/Attributes: Integrity, Emotional control, Confidentiality, Proactive, Team player, Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Only qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees, two of which should be professional referees including their telephone and email contacts.
N.B TASO staff, former staff and clients must attach a signed recommendation letter from the respective Center Program Manager.
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents in one folder and forward online applications with the relevant credentials to: https://www.cognitoforms.com/TASO1/THEAIDSSUPPORTORGANISATIONTASO .
Please note that only applications received online shall be considered.
Posting Date: 16th October 2019 Closing Date: 30th October 2019 at 11:59 pm