Job Title: Branch Manager (3)
Department: Mortgage & Consumer Banking
Reports To: Manager Branch Performance
Grade: HFB 6C
• Branch Operations Manager
• Customer Service Officer/Supervisor
• Business Manager
• Business Banker
• Personal Bankers
Indirect Reports: Direct Sales Officer
• Credit, Compliance, Operations, Legal, Marketing, Risk Management, Internal Audit
• Bank’s Customers
To implement the branch distribution & optimization strategy in line with Business growth & development, risk management, customer experience, Digital transformation, staff engagement & financial performance objectives.
Key Result Areas
• Develop strategies to grow the branch‘s Liability base and asset portfolios in line with the Bank’s strategy
• Monitor the achievement of customer service rating in accordance with the bank set standards
• Monitor and implement compliance of credit risk frame work in order to keep portfolio asset quality within acceptable levels
• Implement branch internal controls and procedures in line with the bank policy
• Plan and coordinate the budgeting processes of the branch, monitor monthly performance of the budget and initiate corrective action in case of any variances
• Review, coordinate, monitor and authorize all the processes of opening, reactivation, adjustment, transfer and closure of all accounts in line with bank policies/procedures, KYC guidelines, CRB and money laundering guidelines.
• Conduct field visits and carry out the verification of loans to improve branch portfolio quality
• Produce branch performance reports and present them to all stake holders for review in accordance to set standards.
• Plan, review and monitor staff development and performance initiatives for branch staff in line with existing Human Resource policies.
• Develop strategies to grow the branch‘s Liability base and Asset portfolios in line with the Bank’s strategy
• Cost management to optimize profitability at the branches
Education & Training
• An Honours degree in business or related field from a recognized University.
• Post-graduate qualifications / Professional Course in relevant discipline would be an added advantage.
Skills & Experience
• Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in business growth and Branch operations, as well as progressive experience in credit
• Sound Understanding of laws and regulations relating to lending in Financial Institutions.
• High level of analytics and Business Intelligence to conduct an analysis on the market trends
• Leadership skill, one should have managed a team before Business Behaviours
• Computer Literacy
• Credit analysis
• Marketing and Sales
• Relationship management
• Must have Collaboration Skills to build relationships and manage conflicts.
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send a recent CV, copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, postal and email address and three competent referees not later than Friday, 17th September 2021 by 5:00pm to:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Housing Finance Bank,
4 Wampewo Avenue, Kololo
Please take note that all applications should be sent by email to [email protected]. DO NOT HAND DELIVER YOUR APPLICATION.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification