Duration: 60 – 120 working days
Location: Kampala, Uganda (local position)
Reports to: Finance Manager
Roles for the Finance Assistant.
• Work with field program teams to collect data for teams participating in various field program activities in an efficient, timely and accurate manner
• Work with program and other administration and finance teams to prepare mobile money and bank payments documents, ensuring completeness and accuracy
• Initiate payments in mobile money platforms as per rights granted.
• Follow up with the field teams to ensure payments are received, including troubleshooting for any errors and quickly rectifying them
• Filing of payment vouchers, stamping payments “PAID “and scanning payment documents on a weekly basis and sharing these with the SFO for uploading on share point
• Processing staff travel and work advances and follow up review of expense reports, other requests against supporting documentation for accuracy and completeness.
• Prepare all invoices received from suppliers and submit these to the RFC for review prior to payment processing
• Enter transactions into Accounts payable template following chart of accounts for posting and payment processing
• Maintain files and documentations thoroughly and accurately in manner that eases retrieval for audit, donor reporting and other usage.
• Provide supporting documentation needed for both audit, donor compliance purpose.
• Any other duties as instructed by the supervisor.
• A University degree in Business Administration or Business Commerce with a bias in accounting from a recognized institution. Additional partial or full qualification in accounting will be of added advantage.
• A minimum of two years’ experience in accounting in a busy reputable organization preferably an International NGO
• Should have good interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Submit your applications to Uganda.email@example.com not later than Friday 25th, November 2022