Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an INGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to UNHCR and OPM, and 2020- 2023 implementing partner to WFP. FRC Uganda is seeking for suitably qualified Ugandans to fill this positions:
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Partner and Community Relations and Mobilisation
• Plan as team member with FLT project team, WFP and their Cooperation Partners the implementation of financial literacy trainings at settlement level.
• Support the selection process of refugees to be trained, location of learning groups and formation.
Technical Adult Education Support and Training
• Be part of planning and training of FLT Trainers on financial literacy curriculum, adult teaching methodologies and project data collection.
• Supervise and monitor FLT Trainers: quality of teaching and performance, data collection accuracy.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
• Support identification and mapping of other stakeholders providing financial services and literacy trainings at settlement level.
• Collect and analyse data using WFP and FRC designed M & E tools.
• Periodically analyse progress towards project outcome and outputs.
Qualification and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education/ Pedagogy, Business Skills, Livelihood or Community Development with strong relevant experience in Financial Literacy.
• At least 2 years’ professional work experience with communities.
• Willingness to travel and live in several rural project locations.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and achieve results.
• Ability to use standard computing packages.
• Motorcycle riding skills is a MUST and shortlisted candidates will be tested on that.
Job application procedure
Email Application to [email protected] by 5pm. on 7th July 2023.
Application and CVs Should be ONE PDF document and a maximum of 5 pages.
Include in your application letter:
• Mention in the subject line the position you are applying for.
• Include your gross salary request.
• Contact details (email and telephone) of 3 professional reference persons.
• Do not include copies of any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from FRC by 30th August 2023, your application has not been successful.
Please note that FRC does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.