Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative biomedical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the district s of Southcentral Uganda.
Volunteer Laboratory Technician
Duty Station: Masaka Regional Referral Hospital
The Laboratory Technician will conduct generalized laboratory investigations for disease diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and control.
• Analyzing and interpreting laboratory test results and submit reports;
• Liaising with Ward management in the preparation of patients for laboratory tests;
• Advising Clinical Staff in the collection, handling, and transportation of specimens to the Laboratory;
• Requisitioning and accounting for laboratory materials and sundries;
• Maintaining an inventory of the laboratory equipment and ensure their functionality;
• Enforcing safety and quality control measures in the laboratory;
• Participating in primary health care activities;
• Compiling, analyzing and preparing performance reports for submission to relevant authorities.
• Participating in establishing and maintenance of a robust Quality Management system including mentorships
• Carrying out research activities.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Knowledge and Experience
• A minimum of a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Techniques from a recognized institution.
• Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
• At least 2 years of experience in a clinical/research multi-disciplinary laboratory.
• Training g in SLMTA, Biosafety and Laboratory Quality Management System is an added
• Demonstrate skills in professional code of conduct and ethics
• Self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision.
Job Education Requirements: Diploma in Medical Laboratory Techniques from a recognized institution
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Job application procedure
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can HAND DELIVER their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the HR Manager.
Deadline for Submission: Close of business by 5:00 pm, Friday 24th January 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification