Lira Regional Referral Hospital
Lira Regional Referral Hospital (RRH) has received a grant from the United States Government through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID to implement a Government to Government (G2G) funded HIV and TB Health System Strengthening Project. The project aims at strengthening capacity of the RRH teams in HIV and TB service delivery, leadership, management, and accountability.
Government to Government (G2G) is a USAID initiative to transition delivery of services and technical assistance to local partners including host government entities. The G2G initiative is also part of efforts to support local ownership and enhance the sustainability of results. The awards under this mechanism focus on HIV service delivery and health systems strengthening including public financial management.
As one of the recipients of these awards, Lira Regional Referral Hospital invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions to be submitted to the address below not later than 5:00pm, 23 December 2021. Note that Health Workers recruited under this project will be given employment contracts by the hospital. These are full time jobs, so people already holding full time Government Jobs should not apply. Salaries will be based on Government of Uganda scales.
Post: Medical Officer -TB 2 Posts
Reports to: Medical Officer Special Grade
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized University.
• Must be registered and licensed by Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council
• Must have three (3) years’ relevant work experience one of which must be in managing TB health related activities
• Previous working experience with PEPFAR funded activities is preferred
• Post graduate training in either TB treatment and care or counseling will be an added advantage
• Knowledge in current trends in the management of TB Interpersonal skills and respect for diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Diagnose, treat, and following-up of patients
• Order Laboratory tests and prescribe medication as appropriate Receives patients for additional assessment as appropriate
• S/he will evaluate patients presenting with complicated TB and refer them for specialist review
• S/he will provide health information to clients through health education.
• S/he will participate in the development and implementation of TB Clinic work plans
• S/he will provide technical support and mentorship to staff in the hospital and lower facilities in the region
• S/he will participate in outreach and community health programs, Ensure high quality health data collection, data compilation and submission of periodic reports.
• Will participate in weekly. Monthly and quarterly performance review and site meetings
• Participate as a full member of the clinic health care team
• Report requirement for medical services lacking at the satellite to the satellite Coordinator
• Liaise with the clinic pharmacy and Laboratory teams to ensure comprehensive services are delivered to clients
• Other relevant duties assigned by the supervisor
Job application procedure
Applicants must be registered with the relevant professional council and have a valid practicing license were applicable. Applicants should also attach updated Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates and testimonials of the academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references to; The Director, Lira regional Referral Hospital, P.O. BOX 2, Lira Hand delivered to the Hospital Central Registry By email to: [email protected] File size must not exceed 2MB.