PostBank Uganda Ltd is a government-owned bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. The bank focuses on the mass market with operations spread across the country. The bank is growing and enhancing its services. The bank, therefore, seeks to recruit suitably qualified, competent and dynamic resource persons in the positions whose details are as follows;
2 Internal Auditors
To examine the soundness of financial and management systems and procedures.
Report findings and any departure from the systems and advise on corrective or
remedial actions to management.
Key Result Areas/ Deliverables:
• Exhibit sound business judgement, distinguishing between important and
unimportant matters when evaluating audit results
• Draft timely written and oral communications audit reports of high quality in content,
style and clarity.
• Ensure current and future ¬nancial and management systems conform to regulations
and professional accounting requirements.
• Report on weaknesses or failure to comply with procedures and propose remedial
• Carry out regular random audits of Post Bank Uganda cash.
• Report on all examinations or audits to the Chief Internal Auditor through the Audit
• In conjunction with the Chief Internal Auditor, Audit Manager and Human Resource
Department assist in induction and development of audit sta
• Exercise due professional care in performing audit work, including reviewing
operating e ciency, measuring attainment of objectives and making
recommendations for cost reductions and earnings improvement. Conclusions
should be supported by documentation of observations, inspection, inquiries and
• Determine the e ectiveness of internal controls in area being audited and degree of
compliance with bank policies. De¬ciency ¬ndings and recommendations must be
communicated to Audit Manager.
• Carry out regular audits on branches requiring extensive travel throughout the
country, necessitating frequent overnight stays.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Skills And Experience
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in conducting risk- based audits.
• Experience in use of analysis tools such as SQL and ACL shall be an added
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Good relationship management
• Report Writing skills
• Utmost professional integrity
Education And Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Statistics from an accredited
• college or university, Part certification as a CIA, CPA, ACCA or CISA, and knowledge of auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation
• shall be an added advantage.
The Following Documents Should Accompany The Application:
• Detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic documents
• Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
• Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Job application procedure
On line applications addressed to Chief HR & Admin Officer, P.o Box 7189 Kampala.
Send application to [email protected] with job title as subject
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 3rd September, 2021